Looking for a Wheel Well Fender Guard Cover Thingy

MischaT

Anyone know where I can find the part to replace what was probably once around this rear wheel well on my 1977 Toyota Pontiex Pont-X SR-2? Here are some pictures. You can see the covering on the front fenders and nothing on the rear. 

Thanks!

Mischa

www.pontxadventures.wordpresss.com

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

Check with your local 4x4/offroad shop. A lot of the those folks run over sized tires and they need wheel well extensions to cover the big tires.

sounds like what you're looking for is the flexible stuff sold by the foot.  summit racing has a great selection.  here  are a couple of examples:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pho-52-191/overview/             http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pho-52-170/overview/

Your Pont-X didn't come with rear fender flares. JD posted this review of them from when new and it only shows the front flares. Hard to find something that never existed. Does look like someone tried to add them at one point but apparently didn't work out too well

Linda S

20 lb propane tank.jpg

Well thats interesting! Maybe I'll just sand them down and fill the holes. Easier that way!

It also looks like there was were fender modifications that wrapped around the whole front of the truck that it doesn't have now. I imagine lots of changes have been made over the course of this vehicles life. 

-Mischa