What is this part called and where can I find one?

OK guy's I have made it easy for you - pictures!! I'm talking about the little clip that holds the door shut - missing from photo 1 and 2 but inserted in photo three and four.  I just need to know

where to find this little guy. Thanks. 

IMG_20160427_150255.jpg

IMG_20160427_150303.jpg

IMG_20160427_150514.jpg

IMG_20160427_150543.jpg

Edited by Warrior91

2 hours ago, RVdaytrader said:

Jim...I just checked that site, was going to get them...but they want 3.99 to ship what could go in a 49 Cent stamped envelope!!

Except that you can't put them into a 49 cent stamped envelope (which is now only 47 cents as the price went down recently). The post office just did a dirty rotten thing a few months back and raised the rates on first class packages and then got rid of the lower cost parcel post rates so now anything over one ounce that is not a document and is more than 1/4" thick cost me $2.80 cents in postage to ship for up to 9 ounces in weight. Which goes a ways to explain why that person is charging so much. I just had to buy some small bubble mailers and in order to get them at a reasonable price of about 25 cents each I had to buy 200 of them. So that means I have to charge my customers over $3.00 just to cover my cost for shipping on any items that stack up to more than 1/4" thick and the cost of the package to ship it in. But that does not include the cost of shipping labels or of course labor. So now does that price of $3.99 start to make some sense to you? Under the present cost from USPS to the sellers circumstances that was not particularly unreasonable shipping charges to you. It is not the seller who is at fault in this, it is the post office who just made things impossible for business people to be able to be able to offer reasonably priced shipping on small, odd shaped objects even if they don't weigh much. Last year it could have been shipped for a lot less but not now with the rate changes in place.  So get used to it, this is not going to go away.

Edited by snail powered

I found one for mine on a  commercial fluorescent Light that holds the metal covers over the ballast. Electric Supply's house or big box stores would probably have them ? Mine cost $0.00 , cheap enough.  They surely wouldn't cost $3.99 + S.H.. If you know an electrician, ask them, they might even give you one.  The pictures show the size and it inserted in the slot.  They won't break like the plastic ones do. You can go to the other ToyotaCamper yahoogroup site and see some of the mods I have done plus the below pictures
.https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/toyota-campers/photos/albums
Look in the 86 Sun Land Express album.

homer

DSC04452.JPG

DSC04453.JPG

DSC04454.JPG

Edited by Homer

9 hours ago, snail powered said:

Except that you can't put them into a 49 cent stamped envelope (which is now only 47 cents as the price went down recently). The post office just did a dirty rotten thing a few months back and raised the rates on first class packages and then got rid of the lower cost parcel post rates so now anything over one ounce that is not a document and is more than 1/4" thick cost me $2.80 cents in postage to ship for up to 9 ounces in weight. Which goes a ways to explain why that person is charging so much. I just had to buy some small bubble mailers and in order to get them at a reasonable price of about 25 cents each I had to buy 200 of them. So that means I have to charge my customers over $3.00 just to cover my cost for shipping on any items that stack up to more than 1/4" thick and the cost of the package to ship it in. But that does not include the cost of shipping labels or of course labor. So now does that price of $3.99 start to make some sense to you? Under the present cost from USPS to the sellers circumstances that was not particularly unreasonable shipping charges to you. It is not the seller who is at fault in this, it is the post office who just made things impossible for business people to be able to be able to offer reasonably priced shipping on small, odd shaped objects even if they don't weigh much. Last year it could have been shipped for a lot less but not now with the rate changes in place.  So get used to it, this is not going to go away.

Thanks for explaining that.  Jim

9 hours ago, snail powered said:

But I can buy some small item on Ebay and get it from China for 99 cents??....that's the part AND shipping!!

• 3 weeks later...

Velcro has been holding ours shut fine for three years plus opens and latches fine. my wife put it on. didn't pay no rip off shipping charges.