Progress picture

jjrbus

I have a 1000 things to do and it is a gorgeous day out and things are going well.  But I just can't get going.  I was looking around and I enjoy taking a picture of a project and posting it as much if not more that looking at yours.

I am starting to move a few things around to get a good shot and had a thought, hey this is kinda phony.  Show what is really like!

I am mostly working on the refrigerator cabinet there on the left at the moment. 

I think my best course of action now is to take a nap:rolleyes:

IMG_0632.JPG

man after my own heart.  i'm always wondering if I should clean up the evidence of what work around here is really like before I pop a photo.  and I seem to do that "nap" step more often as I get older...

• 2 weeks later...

Despite an amazing ability to miscalculate and often having to redo things I manage to make some progress!

Recently discovered that cab over area takes a 48" mattress not a full size 54":angry:

In a previous life I must have been a Tinker, in my next I want to come back as a CAD CAM guy.

IMG_0672.JPG

48" seems to be a very common width for the cabover/bunk. A pity the manufacturers couldn't have stretched a few things and made it the industry standard 54"x75" double/full size. Would make life soooo much easier to buy a standard mattress (and fitted sheets).

I always find it amusing when 'Homes for sale have amazing fuel economy and somehow magically have 'Queen' size (60"x80") beds.

http://www.beddingexperts.com/mattress-sizes-chart/

3 hours ago, Derek up North said:

48" seems to be a very common width for the cabover/bunk. A pity the manufacturers couldn't have stretched a few things and made it the industry standard 54"x75" double/full size. Would make life soooo much easier to buy a standard mattress (and fitted sheets).

I always find it amusing when 'Homes for sale have amazing fuel economy and somehow magically have 'Queen' size (60"x80") beds.

http://www.beddingexperts.com/mattress-sizes-chart/

They make 48" mattress for RV's.  The Foam ones I think are too thick and the regular RV mattress, well let me put it this way, I bought one long time ago. I should have kept the box and slept on that. Ended up dumping the mattress for an air mattress. 

They also sell 48" fitted sheets,   http://www.amazon.com/48x75-Sheet-Camper-cotton-300tc/dp/B003JNTHB8 They cost double what regular sheets go for and maybe not the best quality?

In the photo a fender washer is visible, there are 2, those are your suggestion on securing the awning rail.    I cannot believe they fasten the awning rail to the RV skin with pop rivets and screws!   Ripely would not believe it!

A set of these and an inexpensive Full size fitted sheet set, should satisfy your Scot heritage.:)

BedBand design allows adjustability for ALL sheets and covers. Use for:

• Standard size/odd shaped beds
• Foam & pillowtop beds
• Air mattresses
• Semi's
• RV's
• Travel trailers and more!

http://amzn.com/B004I3VDWY

• 1 month later...

Where does the time go?  I have about 6 weeks of work left on the Toy and the wife has her last appointment the 13th of July and mine is the 15th.  So need to pile 6 weeks of work into two.  I can no longer do anything cosmetic and must concentrate on what I need.  I made an exception with the bath as it would have been almost unusable, except for piling things on the floor the way it was. Toilet and shower functioned but no storage at all.

Couple pictures to show how it is going.  The chair idea has not worked at all, but they are installed and usable. Made an appointment with a mechanic for the weekend, I have several things to do and am out of time.  Plus a miss has showed up and need to get that taken care of.

Hard to get pictures with a point and shoot:P

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG