83 Dometic RM 460 refrigerator stopped working in my Sunrader

hey! my frige in my rader isnt working ( it felt weak since ive had it ) using on propane the pilot lights and stays lit. just wont get cold. on electric it doesnt get cold either even when plugged in. any ideas? the fuse in the distributor panel is fine. ( total bummer im about to leave for a 20 hr drive to midwest :( ) 

you wont want to hear this but sounds like crystalized ammonia/urea.. that's not to be confused with a drug test.

the stuff in the cooling tubes when run on non level surfaces on the older fridges like those used in 1983 if run in an "non-level" condition such as a sloped hill would not allow the proper flow and hot spots would develop in the tubes where the ammonia would crystalize and block the tube or partially block the tube.

Your fridge if somewhat cold is a great candidate for the flip treatment. <do this on a perfectly  level surface make sure of this>

Basically you will need to un mount it; but leave it connected; then fire it up let it run for an hour or 3 and then  quickly flip it upside down. the idea is that the hotspot will flow with gravity back to the crystals and melt them. Many in here have done this and had their old refers go back to excellent ice cold performance. let it set upside down then repeat if not resolved. obviously you will want to return it to proper position before lighting the propane again and installing properly it if its coldness is good to go.

Edited by Totem