New Listing

fred heath

I'm looking at this myself.  You?  Saw it on Craigslist first for a higher price before he put it on EBay.  I've sent a message asking about what he used for the caulking.  How do we know about the rear axle, sight unseen?

I have to admit it has some nice options - awning, ladder, cargo rack.  Have to replace the fridge (I would for my purposes) but the floors aren't bad.  

30 minutes ago, bobblefrog said:

I'm looking at this myself.  You?  Saw it on Craigslist first for a higher price before he put it on EBay.  I've sent a message asking about what he used for the caulking.  How do we know about the rear axle, sight unseen?

I have to admit it has some nice options - awning, ladder, cargo rack.  Have to replace the fridge (I would for my purposes) but the floors aren't bad.  

No interest on my part.

I live in NC, so when I see something that looks good I add it to this forum.

Good to know.  I'm antsy, summer is almost here, best time for me to start putting the work into one, and price wise for our part of the US it's not a bad deal...but it's still on the other side of the state and I just don't have the time to check her out this weekend/week.  I'm curious to see if he used silicone for the caulking...

16 hours ago, fred heath said:

I t does have the correct rear axle.

Hey Fred - I was thinking about you and your Champion Galavan when I saw this 1976 4WD Champion. I wonder what sort of running gear it has?  W300 4WD Dodge truck?

Champion4WDWoodsmanMotorCmping76.jpg.jpg

Good question JD.

My Galavan was only made for 2 years. 1978&79. They put it on both Datsun and Toyota chassis'.

As far as I can tell, mine is the only one left on the Toyota chassis. Another member here also has a 1979 Galavan, but its on the Datsun chassis.

It would be neat to find another one still on the road.

On 2016-04-11 at 9:01 PM, linda s said:

I missed out on a chance to buy a Woodsman a few years ago and I have been kicking myself for it ever since. They came with a 318 engine.

Linda S

http://offroadaction.ca/2010/01/15/1975-woodsman-4x4-rv/

Found this online. Pretty neat rig.