How do I tighten AC drive belt

candace

Take a picture please. Most of the cab AC units are after market. Many different mounts, mine used a bolt that went through a pulley bracket.

14 minutes ago, WME said:

Take a picture please. Most of the cab AC units are after market. Many different mounts, mine used a bolt that went through a pulley bracket.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by candace

OK, well a strange mount for sure.

For starters it looks like your missing a bolt on the top mount ear. The rusty looking bracket where does it go and is it slotted at other end?

Yeah you need a bolt up top there is a bolt in the bottom that is on the rusty bar that is slotted the compressor swing from the top and the bottom bolt holds it in place it needs to be loosened first  that it pivots’ at the top once it's tight tighten the bottom bolt on the rusty bar.

On April 3, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Maineah said:

Yeah you need a bolt up top there is a bolt in the bottom that is on the rusty bar that is slotted the compressor swing from the top and the bottom bolt holds it in place it needs to be loosened first  that it pivots’ at the top once it's tight tighten the bottom bolt on the rusty bar.

Thank you. I put a bolt in there and was able to tighten the bolt in the slot. But that rusty slotted bar is cracked in the middle on one side. So the belt loosened again. I need a new one of those slotted bars. Is it a tension bar?

Remove the bracket and have it welded.  Make a replacement out of strap iron. Hit every wrecking yard you can think of and find the part on a junker.

these are relatively generic (you may need to use some big flat washers as spacers due to the bend in the bar) and one from many vehicles would work....take the old one with you to the junkyard.  welding it wouldn't be expensive if you were willing to do the cleanup (grinding off slag n spatter as needed, etc) afterward. 

or you can buy a krome one from JCWhitney or Summit Racing....a little pricier, but simple. 

yup.  forgot them.  that might be the simplest solution.  in the "hot rodder and engine dress-up" section of the store.  MR Gasket PArt # 9851 or Trans-Dapt #9079.