Sunrader Sanitize Fresh Water Tank Questions

Hey all, I am about to sanitize my fresh water tank. Seems pretty straight forward. Bleach solution and water. My question is most of the tutorials I'm seeing have hot water heater bypass valves and I don't see that on my 83 Rader? Do you guys bypass the HWH some other way or just let it run through? Any other tips? 

The bypass is for winterizing your rv, antifreeze is expensive. Water and bleach are cheap, just mix up a bunch and pump it through the water heater.

go easy on the bleach, or you will cause yourself a lot more grief.   plastic can not tolerate a lot of bleach.

the attached file is from the manual on my 93 winnebago warrior.   Your hot water questions is also addressed there.

After this process, I would completely flush the system multiple times.   If I leave mine in storage I run the system dry and refill with city water (chlorinated) 3 times just to get the "old" water out. I do not drink the water anyway but I feel like I could if I needed to.

1992 Warrior Operator's Manual--page44-45-watercholerine.pdf

Bleach comes in plastic bottles, water authority often "super chlorinate" water systems, many modern pipelines are plastic. So don't be concerned about using a bit of bleach to sanitize a system.  Time in contact with the system is more important than large amounts of bleach.

I suspect that bleach is responsible for deteriorating the diaphragm in water pumps, but they are disposables anyway. I'd rather replace a diaphragm that go to the emergency room with the plague.

I would not drink the water out of an RV!