I have officially left the Toyota club

Odyssey 4x4

After having my 1987 Escaper and doing plenty of work on it (which I have posted most of on here), I have sold the rig.  I've gone without a camper for a couple years now but I just recently picked up a new project.  It is a 1991 Ford Airstream model B190.  I have decided on this camper as it is a bit more agile, more powerful, and a bit more capable.  I will miss my Escaper dearly but look forward to my new project.  

I was initially going to build a 4x4 Sunrader from a 2wd sunrader but it was not looking like I was going to be able to find the starter rig I wanted.  I searched craigslist all over the country and was never able to find the right rig.  I came across this van cheap and jumped on it.  I found a new forum for the van but it does not appear to be very active :(.  I will still be posting on here as I love this forum but I am sure people do not want to hear too much about my B190!

Anyways, here is a photo of it as it sits now before any work.  I have completely stripped the interior 100% and will be building a fully custom coach.  I will also be slightly lifting it (yes I am aware of the roll over risk of vans), and doing plenty of other custom work.  Can you believe this thing has a 7.5 460?  Goodbye 18 mpg I was getting in my Escaper!

z53AHn9.jpg

I traveled all over the country in a van almost just like that. Body for those was made by Western Canada RV and in 87 which was the year of mine they were sold under the brand name Okanagan. I painted over the Okanagan name and renamed it Gypsy. Still miss that thing. Mine was on a Dodge chassis though with the 360. I would like to thank you for the wonderful projects you have posted. Your rear hitch installed was epic.

Linda S

img006.jpg

Thanks Linda!  I wish the B190 forum had as active a community at this forum.  That Gypsy has a huge topper on it!  I believe that was a few years before they brought the topper size down a bit smaller.  I know airstream had a topper a bit larger than mine for the years before it.  I was still amazed that the airstream has more headroom than my Escaper did!  

If you look at newer Okanagan's they have the scaled down top just like yours. My 15 year old daughter at the time could sit upright up there. She called it her upstairs apartment. Strange that there isn't a more active group. Lot's of em around. Usually go for a pretty penny too. 

Linda S