Buyer Beware List For Member Home Areas?

Don't know if this is the place to discuss it, (it's not a particularly funny topic, but Murphy definitely lives here) but could we have a place to list local service providers / repair facilities that we would advise Toyo motorhome people to stay away from? Or, at least proceed with extreme caution. Yeah, I just got back $400.00 for labor on a bad brake job from the biggest place in town. They had good ratings etc. and, in the end they admitted they blew it, but didn't give up any $ until I started alluding to the Bureau of automotive repairs!! Now I'm onto a similar motor issue w/similar circumstances including research prior to purchase. Hold on,... I know some of this is subjective, but some of it's just bad ethics or highway robbery, cut and dried. In the 5 yrs I have worked on my rig, I have dealt with some undeniably bad repair and parts providers that I would not hesitate to spare others the misfortune of being taken in by. Has this been discussed before?

Nope, the place before that.... The place you saw my rig at (Chuck's Wheel and Brake) are wizards and are my "go-to" guys now. Not cheap, but there you go, they figured it out, fixed two other guys mistakes and definitely got it right. The place I took it before them did an inspection and missed the PO's incorrect installation of the wrong master cylinder, missed bad/frozen piston in the right caliper, should have replaced rear wheel cyls,just on principle due to age, didn't flush the system (degrading rubber seals tend to darken and ruin brake fluid, even if it "tests" good) and told me drive it, you just need to bed in the pads and shoes. 500 miles later, the rig didn't stop worth spit and still pulled on the first pedal depression. In the final discussion, the first shop said that a Sunrader with a 1992 FF rear end installed was a "hybrid" type of vehicle and that regular tire and brake guys wouldn't know how to deal with it, since it wasn't stock. Hence my post...

• 4 months later...

Sure would be nice -- for newbies especially -- to have a list of recommended service garages and dealers. A list of good places to overnight as well (that may exist already; I'm a newborn here. Signed up 15 minutes ago. :) )