Board Upgrade In The Near Future

Howdy all. This version of the board is soon to loose support. So I must move on to the next version. There are going to be some changes so treat the system like you just got here after the upgrade cause that is what you will be doing. I do not know what will be different so fasten your seat belts.

The board will be off line during the hopefully easy upgrade.

:bye2:

Yes The moderator to member situation is a problem. I am the only moderator here who still accepts messages. Waiter is gone and Derek is not accepting messages either. Greg you have my email. Please let me know what you would like to do about this.

Linda S

I was going to offer my help and expertise in all things web related.

I don't wish to post my email address as in 19 +/- years on the web none of my addresses have ever been harvested.

Greg can contact me though my helpdesk system after which I can get his and he can get my email address so that we can discuss his options.

https://www.gothosting.biz/helpdesk.cfm

I rarely come on here as the forum software is just too painful to use but I can help if he is contemplating a change.

Mike (turtle)

Thanks for keeping the site up and running. Without this site I would have bought a pile of junk and probably junked it by now due to dumping endless money into it.

I didn't realize that I am a total Toyotamotorhomes junky. I was going through withdrawal when I could not get my fix to see what everyone was posting. I feel much better now.

Bob

Well the bad news is we are not upgraded. I had to give up and bring us back online. I am actually moving us to a new server along with the software upgrade but just the move to the new server has not gone well. I did actually get us moved and upgraded but the www links within toyotamotorhome.org would not work properly.

The upgrade to the new software is an eye opener. One thing I found out is the new software uses a different login. Presently we can have separate login and display names with this version but the new software uses the display name as the login also.

As far as me not being able to receive PM's nothing is turned off that I know of.

So here is the scenario. I will be taking us offline again soon and attempting to do the move and upgrade, just not sure when.

I was going to offer my help and expertise in all things web related.

I don't wish to post my email address as in 19 +/- years on the web none of my addresses have ever been harvested.

Greg can contact me though my helpdesk system after which I can get his and he can get my email address so that we can discuss his options.

https://www.gothosting.biz/helpdesk.cfm

I rarely come on here as the forum software is just too painful to use but I can help if he is contemplating a change.

Mike (turtle)

I will look into the PM problem

Thank you for the help offer

In short here is what is going on

I initially had a problem moving the database but got that sorted. Then the internal links from the root of toyotamotorhome.org to the folder "forums" and "classifieds" would not work properly. Godaddy could not figure out why nor could I. The link url was 100% correct but the server would throw back a 404 page. Toyotamotorhome.org has an index page with two links, one to the forums and the other to the classifieds. Both are sub folders. http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/etc. and that is the link on the index page.