Crack In Cooling System: What Part Is This? Help!

Just took the old baby out (1978 with a 20R engine) for a spin before the holidays. And of course, a horrible way to start the new year, I started smelling coolant and then there was smoke.

I was able to locate where the leak is coming from but I don't know what this part is to replace it. It's not a standard hose part The piece is sitting under the carburetor. Any help will be much appreciated!!!

I've uploaded pictures.

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!!

post-7373-0-44310600-1450817470_thumb.jp

post-7373-0-44782800-1450817474_thumb.jp

Well I'm not sure it has a name because it's just a make-shift cap someone clamped onto a water line. Do you have a Weber carb? Looks like someone maybe got rid of a water choked carb and installed something else?

Someone might have better ideas, but my only advice is to find something else which looks like it can fit over that hose and clamp it back down. When the engine is cold you should be able to take off that hose clamp and look at what's underneath, and find something suitable to re-cap it with.

I vote for a choke heater also... It looks like its a fitting that screws in, if so then you can remove the fitting and install a proper plug, on more leaks.

BUT most hoses have 2 ends, look around for another capped fitting.

The stock carb had a water heated choke coil my guess if it still has the stock one some one probably install a hand choke or a different carb looks like a 3/8 pipe plug would cure your problem.