Can't Upload Images

Guest samsterid

Guest samsterid

Trying to create a new post in General forum about my leaky roof, and I get this message trying to upload some pics:

You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments

But I don't see any way to delete any old images - I've only got three or four posts so far and have uploaded a dozen or so pics.

If I switch from the Flash uploader to the "Basic Uploader" the message is this:

"You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 32MB)"

I can't imagine my total uploads so far is more the 5 or 6 MB total.

Any ideas about what I can do?

Thanks - Sam

Guest samsterid

I've never had trouble uploading pics to any of my previous posts.

There seems to be a restriction on my account?

Maybe there is an Admin I could send an email to?

Sam

Message I got back from Greg. Sounds like he doesn't know what the problem is either.

Today at 6:50 PM

Hi Linda
The only restrictions might be the size of the image being too big or there is a direct problem with his images. I can not remember the size limit but it is actually really large. There is a free image software called gimp. Sometimes just opening an image in gimp and saving it back out as a jpg solves the issue. Gimp can also resize images etc.

Greg

Well I took a look and can find no real reason why. Except that regular members have a restriction. Advanced members have no restriction. Takes 25 posts to become an advanced member. Anyhow I raised upload limit for members. Image size is still limited though, I think 1600 x 1600 and will be re-sized by the system to 600 x 600. Give it another try and post back here with your results.

Greg

Guest samsterid

It's working now - thanks Greg!

And now I can see how much storage I have left as a regular Member.

11 MB or so left for now - seems like kind of a small allowance when even a smart phone can make 5 MB images these days.

Do replies to posts count towards the 25 posts for Advanced status?

Or must it be 25 New posts?

Thanks for raising the Regular Member limit . . .

Sam

post-8132-0-95744500-1448239622_thumb.jp