Ratty Old Carpet Out, New Carpet In

Old carpet was 26 years old, flattened down to nothing, and a solid color that showed everything that was on it. It seems most here pulled out carpet for wood or tiles, bit I like carpet...just seems warmer to me. Can't tell by pictures, but it is a very thick, dense carpet that would have cost at least $25 a sq. yard if ordered. I found this as a remnant at a carpet shop for $30 for a 8x9 foot piece. I have enough left over to redo the bathroom twice or the kitchen area if need be. I cut 3 replacement step pieces also as it will get the most dirt and will be easy to replace.

post-4473-0-88716900-1447608259_thumb.jp

post-4473-0-74704400-1447608333_thumb.jp

post-4473-0-62234400-1447608406_thumb.jp

post-4473-0-10723200-1447608564_thumb.jp

I had old carpet in mine decided to put down flooring that lasted about 3 months pull it out and put in new carpet!

• 4 weeks later...

i'm going to get a remnant just like you did....can't believe a hunk 9x3' will be much $. for the meantime, and to lay on top of carpet when I get it in, I got 2 cheap runners at the Despot.....the stuff promptly proved its worth when I managed to track in some greezy crud from the suspension work!