I have had some overheating issues with my 1989 3.0 and decided to swap out my 26 year old radiator with a new 3 row ALuminum radiator. My biggest concern was fitment. I did a ton of searching and found a radiator that was worth taking a shot with. At $90.00 the price was hard to beat so I rolled the dice.

The radiator arrived and felt twice as heavy as the OEM and looked great. I was super happy to find that it dropped right in and everything bolted up with no problem. After a quick drive it looks like it solved my overheating problem.

I hope this helps others looking for a quick and easy upgrade/replacement.

http://www.shepherdautoparts.com/all_aluminum_radiator/toyota/4runner/1989/3.0l_v6_182.html

Radiator 1

Radiator 2

Pete,

My '87 22re had a three-row radiator when I bought it. I had been having overheating issues and, after replacing the t'stat and fan clutch, ended up replacing it with a single row aluminum and plastic one from AutoZone...in their parking lot, while I was on the road. The bracket on the old one broke loose and allowed it to flop around, puncturing it.

After I replaced it, my overheating problems were gone. I am very happy with the cheap replacement, but I suppose even a cheap single row radiator is better than a three-row that's been half filled with Bar's Leak by the previous owner.

Glad you're happy with your new radiator and I hope it continues to work well for you.

I have had some overheating issues with my 1989 3.0 and decided to swap out my 26 year old radiator with a new 3 row ALuminum radiator. My biggest concern was fitment. I did a ton of searching and found a radiator that was worth taking a shot with. At $90.00 the price was hard to beat so I rolled the dice.

The radiator arrived and felt twice as heavy as the OEM and looked great. I was super happy to find that it dropped right in and everything bolted up with no problem. After a quick drive it looks like it solved my overheating problem.

I hope this helps others looking for a quick and easy upgrade/replacement.

http://www.shepherdautoparts.com/all_aluminum_radiator/toyota/4runner/1989/3.0l_v6_182.html

Nice!

After watching Sherrie go through her ordeal, I wish I would have done more research before purchasing a new radiator. I purchased an off the shelf 1 row aluminum and have not had a chance to give it a good test yet, so glad to hear one works.

I clicked on the link and it shows that the rad for theV6 89-95 is coming soon? Jim