3-T's System air

losmo

New member and just got an 86 dolphin with 3-t's system air that bolts on top

of the rear axle to the frame. Mine wont hold air. There is a connection for

the air inlet on top of system but I am leary of removeing it without knowing

if the connection and hose is replaceable. There is no maintenance on this part

according to my brochure. Do they go bad? Thanks for any information.

I do not have any air bags but it seems to reason that there are only four places for a leak. The first would be the valve, same as a tire valve, second would be a line possibly having a wear hole from rubbing on the frame etc.. Third would be a fitting that might have worked itself loose. 4 would be a failed air bag. You should be able to take apart any fittings and put them back together with out damage. You may have to crawl under and feel with your hand or use some soap water mixture to find the leak. Any how a crawl under is probably what you will have to do, checking everything for leals. Hopefully its a fitting or the valve stem. Air bag systems are very common and the parts should be available thru any rv parts house. Even JCWhitney sells air bags for toyota mini motorhomes.

Greg

;) Big floor jack and safety stands under the frame. You need to get the load off the airbags to work on them.

A sleeping bag ground mat makes a big difference on the ol'back too.

When I was ckecking my system (one side would not hold air ) I could not find the leak. It turned out There was to much pressure in the system and the soapy water was vaporized before I could see the bubbles. with the system almost airless I found the leaky hose.

Terry

• 1 month later...

Found air bags at 3ts.com specifically for a Toyota for $230 delivered. Not too

bad installing them and just checked the air after 2 days and it is holding ok.

Therefore, I am ready for my first test run to Reno to get the the Air conditioning

recharged.