Hi all--excuse me if I start to rant! Our usually reliable '92 Toyota Itasca Spirit is giving me grief! Need a new right front brake caliber and cannot find one anywhere! Called Toyota dealer and was told they are discontinued. Call Toyota Cares and found out they didn't! I understand our rigs are getting long in the tooth, but come on! First it was a horrendous experience with a Toyota dealer who screwed up my valve adjustment (V-6), then it was trying to get a new EGR valve (same story--discontinued). I got lucky and found an NOS from a U-Haul in Brooklyn. Now the brake caliber issue. Found a parts house in NY that says they have one and am awaiting delivery--we will see--the last four parts deliveries were ALL wrong and didn't work. Frustrating! Maybe I should start to look for a replacement for the 'ol Toy!

Linda--thanks--we have ordered four times from different manufacturers who all say that this will fit your vehicle and all four times the parts were wrong! Frustrating! We are stuck in New Jersey trying to work our way down to Florida for the winter and all these delays with wrong parts is really getting to me!

I understand your frustration, though trust me it is no better with any other 25 year old vehicle. so, you could spend big bucks and get a newer rv, but there is still frustrations there too...

the internet can find you the parts you need, you just have to do your own research to get the right part.. good luck

Remanufactured on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake-Caliper-Friction-Choice-Caliper-Front-Right-fits-89-95-Toyota-Pickup-/261750173673

Linda S

Here's a list of cross interchange part numbers. Check with the ones you have already ordered and see if any of these weren't correct or maybe not what you ordered at all

BECK/ARNLEY 077-0964S

CARDONE 19-1242

WAGNER CR126818

TOYOTA 47730-35070

RAYBESTOS FRC10259

CENTRIC 141.44087

Brake calipers are not difficult to rebuild if there are no broken metal parts..Not sure if anyone has used partsgeek.com but they had a waterpump for my 1951 Willys wagon for 39 bux, when napa wanted 90 for the same pump...not sure how they are on Toyota parts..worth a look...Donnie

Many thanks y'all for all the input! Hopefully, we will be happily back on the road soon and this situation will only be an unpleasant memory. Waiting for more than a week for the correct part surely tries your patience!

I spent some time looking for a Rialta, thought it would be just right for me. After lurking on the Railta forum for some months I started to notice recurring parts and service issues with them. I was thinking do I really want to deal with this?

Then there was a post by a couple on a trip that needed a transmission. They were told it would be $5000 and they could pick it up in three months!

That's why I own a Toyota, wrong part, couple days, piece of pie! Jim

I don't understand what the problem was. I got rebuilt calipers for my 1988 Minicruiser and had no issue at all. I ordered them at noon at NAPA and had them the next morning. No chance of getting the part # wrong that I could see if looked up properly. I think many of these counter people don't know a 1/2 ton from a 1 ton or a light duty from a heavy duty or a 2WD from a 4WD. Toyota uses the same brake caliper from 1985 to 1992 in 2WD HD 1 ton trucks. NAPA # SE1582 and SE1581.

I usually buy from Rock Auto but when it comes to parts that require trading in the cores - buying locally is easier.

Hey JDE--U da man! Parts look identical to what is in place now. Tomorrow morning I make a run to NAPA to see how fast I can get a new pair of calipers! By any chance, do you also have part numbers for new rotors and pads? Thanks!

brake parts are available. most parts for a 92 toyota pickup will work EXCEPT for brakes, you have to specify the Dual read wheels to get the right specs. If you have the old parts off you can even measure. If you set up online accounts with napa, advance, autozone, oreillys, rockauto and start searching you will see the parts listed.

walking into you average parts house you generally will meet a person who's training was how to sue the same computer you can use directly. Often the people hired have very little automotive experience.

Some of the front brake parts are the same - HD or light duty except OEM called for semi-metallic pads if used on a HD setup. Lighter trucks came OEM with organic pads. But yes - always specify HD brakes, 1 ton, and factory-equipped dual rear wheels. Gets confusing when someone has an older truck that came with single rear wheels and then got upgraded to the FF dually, and still has 5 lug rotors in front..