Hi all!

I have a 92 Win. Warrior w/ 91 chassis. The number of shocks for front and rear differ quite a bit with all the versions of Toyota motorhomes. I would like to try out Gabriel's best shock, but the version I was given cannot be installed on my front.

CarQuest has Gabriel make them a version.

The first set of shocks were 50682 rear & 50692 front. The front shocks would not fit up through the bottom hole. With more investigating (Monroe 34583 cross-reference) I was given 50641's that did indeed fit through the hole and mounted to the top portion of the chassis. However, the T bottom holes did not match the chassis forcing me to take these one's back.

Does anyone know the manufacturer & model #'s that fit properly? Also, is it worth it to buy some Rancho shocks?

Thanks

Frey

I've an 87 Toy. Its been a while but I seem to remember using a die grinder on either the lower A-arm or on the T bottom of the shock to make things line up. I used Monroe HD 1 ton in the front and the Monroe RV shocks in the back.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem with fitting shocks. I went with Toyota's OEM shocks. I'm glad I did. The front rides very well over bumps. The heavy duty rear shocks rattle my teeth. I'm thinking taking out the new rear shocks and installing OEM there too.

• 1 month later...

Air shocks place to much stress on the lower shock bolts. There are quite a few cases of them breaking off when using air shocks. Remember this aint just an empty pickup, the rear axle has about 400lb on it.

• 10 months later...

I have a 89 Dolphin and replaced the shocks with Monroe HD truck shocks. They a also rattleing my teeth. Has anyone gone back to OEM shocks with good results, or even an alternate manufacturer with any success?