New 2015 Toyota Rv 4Wd Overseas

zero

$80,000 US dollars. Had single rear wheels yet a gross vehicle weight capacity of 7275 lbs. 3 liter common-rail, turbo diesel and four-wheel drive. It is being sold in Australia and Thailand. Thailand just changed to steering wheels on the left like the USA so I suppose this "Tuff Roder" RV is available with the left-hand steering wheel.

On a side-note. I thought it was bad in New York state when I got forced to install seat belts in car back in the early 80s. People now in Thailand must convert their cars to left-hand drive OR never be able to resell them to anyone.

So for the price of a fancy diesel 4WD pickup truck - you can buy a brand new Toyota motorhome built on a 4WD Hilux truck. Or use the money and buy a few cheap houses?

I'm curious what fuel mileage is. The bare Hilux diesel 4WD truck is rated at 30.5 MPG (US gallons) with the stick, and 27 MPG with automatic trans.

post-6578-0-86393600-1441373393_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-65040500-1441373395_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-19711700-1441373397_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-51042300-1441373398_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-47044400-1441373399_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-49845900-1441373400_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-58607300-1441373401_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-23293600-1441373403_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-59220700-1441373404_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-60784700-1441373405_thumb.jp

I'll tell you what the Thai's build some very nice motor homes they are so far ahead of the US, they even have inverter mini split heating/AC units in their motor homes. I guess the $80,000 figure is not that far off the new Fiat/Dodge little motor homes are around $90,000. Yeah most of Asia is right hand drive interesting that most were not British colonies maybe they all are right handed. I have a British friend that wanted to bring his British Toyota van to the states he can but only for a year then it has to go back it can't stay in the states.

Compared to the 4x4 motorhomes available here 80 grand is dirt cheap. Just the truck here is over 30 grand and that's with a gas engine. Adding the diesel option to a Ford truck here is 7 grand so the price of a diesel Toyota would be much higher too if it were available. No way to import anything like this unfortunately. Not old enough

Linda S

I just read an "in-house" newsletter from Ford that kind of blew my mind. They are talking about bringing the Ranger back (if the Unions let them) and focusing more on upscale pickups with anticipated sticker prices of $80,000! I find that incredible. Seems there's a market or they wouldn't do it. I was jerking around at the local Ford dealer and priced a new diesel F250 4WD with most options. It was over $50K and the diesel upgrade alone has a Ford "suggested retail price" of $8,480. Seems like a lot of money to me considering I only bought one new car in my life. A 1987 Nissan Sentra for $5700 brand new and it was a PIECE of junk. It cured me of believing that all Japanese cars were great. Of course now - Nissan is French so I don't know if that makes them better now, or worse.

Lots of Rangers around here, have a friend who had one(4X4) and waited for years and years for Ford to bring it back. He was a ford man but got a Colorado and loves it. I've been in it for a trip and it's plush, rides great and is quieter on the freeway than most cars, I see that 4X4's have come a long way.

I've got no doubt that Chevy makes some nice trucks. But - I will never, ever, own a GM product again (from the new GM that is) after they walked away with 11 billion tax-payer dollars and will never be paying it back. I used to hate Ford but now am a fan. At least Ford didn't whine and beg for tax dollars and survived with no bail-out give-aways. I also have to say that my 1994 F250 diesel is the nicest truck I've ever owned. Nearly 300K miles on it and still runs like new (yeah, I know -not a Ford engine but at least built with Ford input).

Want a plush pickup that rides nice and look good buy a Chevy want a truck to work buy a Super Duty. Ford survived because they were world wide one of the more popular vehicles in Europe.

Want a plush pickup that rides nice and look good buy a Chevy want a truck to work buy a Super Duty. Ford survived because they were world wide one of the more popular vehicles in Europe.

Ford survived because of their CEO Allan Mullally. He knew how to negotiate with the union. He was blunt about things and said if it sucks say it sucks. We miss him here in Seattle! I bought ford stock when he took over at $3.00 a share. Still hold it today and still a good buy.

Maybe "plush" is a relative term. My 1992 Dodge diesel 4WD, HD 3./4 ton 8510 GVWR, extended cab, long-bed rides like a Sherman tank when empty and a little better if you put a ton or two on the back. My 1994 Ford is also diesel, 4WD, extended cab, and long-bed, and 8800 GVWR (before Super Duty name was coined) rides about as nice as any truck I've been in ever. Granted it's the fanciest version with likely every accessory known to man (or at least to me).. Rides and handles just as nice if not better then my 1995 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD gasser.

I haven't noticed any difference in ride between the Chevys versus Fords I've been in (when built late 80s up to the late 90s).

I've got a 1995 F150 4WD standard cab with a 300 six that rides just like my 1994 F250 4WD extended cab diesel. Both ride like Cadillacs and both have been workhorses. The F150 has plowed all winter, every winter since new. The F250 has nearly 300K miles on it and 1/2 of those miles were from pulling a 5th wheel cattle trailer all over the USA.

My only complaint about all Ford trucks with 4WD and the independent front axles is the "Ford cocked wheel syndrome." I used to joke about it because nearly every Ford I saw coming down the road had front wheels that were cambered in.

With my trucks - the F150 now does it bad whenever the snow plow is hanging off of it. But when off - the wheels are parallel to each other again.

My 1994 F250 HD has never done it. Why, I don't know.

I know that some of the even heavier F250s and F350s with 4WD have solid front axles. Maybe they ride rougher? Can't say since I don't own a solid-axle front truck except for the 1992 Dodge and that rides terrible. Very rugged machine that rides like a garbage truck.

I have no love for Chevy, but the Isuzu 6.6 engine is the kats meoooow plus the transmission (ally) is a bonus.

I am a cummins straight 6 fan but not the tranny,

The chevy is the quietest of em all. I bought my chevy in 2008 dec, talk about bailout timing.

Corporate culture in all 3 of them suck really bad, no work ethic, it is a free for all.

I give Ford a lot of credit. I find it amazing that even during those bad times when their Blue Oval was literally in the hock-shop - they managed to design a totally new in-house diesel V8. All on their own. No help from Cummins, Isuzu, IH, Navistar, etc.

I'm not saying Ford trucks are any better then GM. I just have a lot more respect for Ford. If GM-Chevy ever decides to pay us tax payers back - maybe I'll feel differently.

This is just anecdotal . .but I got talking with a guy that owns a fleet of trucks and 5th wheel trailers to move equipment all over the country. He had been using all Dodge but finally gave up because of having so many transmission failures. He told me he had several custom built and even those crapped out. So he changed to Ford. He was on his 2nd year of Fords and said he had no problems at that point.

I can't complain about the trans in my 1992 but mine is a German Getrag 5 speed. I think Dodge switched not long later to the New Venture had a lot of problems.

I saw a whole bunch of ford diesels in the camp ground last weekend,

they were pulling some monster 5th wheels.

who makes the tranny for ford for the diesel?

Designed and built by Ford. Allison, as used by GM is totally separate from GM as of 2007.