Toyota Mini-Cruise 1981

Hallo Folks, I am Hans from Amsterdam in the Netherlans, I hope, I can explain with my schoolenglish of 45 years ago the problems with my Toyota Mini-Cruise, also i can not understand everything with the computer, what to do , but I try, I even do not know if this writing comes anywere, so I make it not to long, so I will see if it will be succeed. I save about 5 years ago my Toyota from the yunk-yard, and try to renovate it, but we have no parts here in Europe, so it is not easy, I need a new chromefrontnumper and I have a question of the airpump, that have no belt, is it better for the engine (20R) or can it runs without a airpump, nobody knows, what is was, do anyone know , were I get parts, because the carpartwarehouses do not sent to europe. thanks and greetings from Hans :help:

Can't help with bumper.

Remove air pump and plug the holes in the exhaust manifold. The pump was a short cut for smog control. It just injected air into the exhaust manifold to help burn pollution.

Hallo without a name, thanks for your reaction, I cannot understand every word english, special the technical english, and I am not a mechanic, but I understand that the the airpump has no use, not for a better cooling or performance of the engine, can I also leave the situation when it is now , I mean , i do not chance anything, thanks and greeting from Hans

The air pump has valves in it to keep the exhaust gas from damaging it. If one of the valves fail then HOT exhaust can get in to the engine compartment and damage things.

Best is to remove pump and plug the hole where it pumped into exhaust pipe.

WME