Soaked & Rotting

Ctgriffi

18 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Or even simpler: open the cab door, walk a few steps and open the coach door! :)

At 55mph? :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright all you "normal" people. I ain't big like you Totem but I'm 6'5" and can get out of the drivers seat and get to the coach but its Hell trying to get back into that seat from the coach with legs like mine lol!!

seriously, I'm only 5 inches shorter than you I'm telling you , just fling yourself in there using the bed as a rail to do it. your feet will kick right into the footwell and you land in the seat. scares the %&^%$^ out of your driver too

• 4 months later...

Yikes, this what I've got going. Luckily there has been numerous posts to get me started and  ideas how to proceed.  Been toying with the idea of creating ventilation and using bamboo as support as it is light and doesn't rot. Any input is appreciated. 

3661.jpeg

3655.jpeg

3662.jpeg

• 7 years later...

Hello, All - First time caller, long time listener. Thanks so much for letting me lurk in this group and learn SO much from y'all over the years! It gave me the confidence to bring home our new (to us) 1989 Gulf Stream Conquest. Now the real fun begins! It may be a while before I'm putting any new / dry materials into the over cab bed area, but like many of you before me, I've gotten it stripped down to the fiberglass. My question is - does the first layer next to the fiberglass HAVE to be luan? And regardless of what the substrate is (luan or something else) does it HAVE to be glued to the fiberglass? I do want to see if I can tighten the fiberglass back up, some (it was hauling a lake!) but am wondering about screwing it to the aluminum frame in order to accomplish that. Thanks so much for any advice on the rebuild! 

20240413_094615.jpg