I do believe I saw Campy before they bought it. Nice job. I cringe a little at the alternator and master cylinder repair costs. Both do it yourself jobs that I have managed for way less. I like the Coroplast stuff but I think it dents with only a slight bump. Might not stay looking good for long. All in all a nice redo though.

Linda S

They tried living with only cold water hauled in a 5 gallon container and a pump sprayer container for showers and ended up spending $60.00 a month for a gym membership in a gym that is not available in small towns but as they live in various cities where they can find bartending and waitress jobs it works out kind of OK for them.

Tried going without any refrigeration for a few months then gave that concept up and got an ice chest.

Eat mostly raw food or from food trucks and buy groceries every day

Repairing your own vehicle means you need to find a place where you can do the work. Some repairs you can manage in a parking spot on the street but it just depends on what is wrong and where you are when it happens. For instance the repair to their clutch is not a job they could easily do at the curb on a city street. So unless you have a friend's or family's or your own driveway to work in you pretty much need to hire someone to do all but the quickest and easy to reach jobs.

Wonder if coroplast has a good er rating...

It has the R value of .25" of dead air space. They put in a subframe of 2 x 2 furring strips, which means they have 1.5" of insulation in their walls and they did not remove the foam in the roof. So in their application it did not matter that it has little insulating value.

Ha! Nice. I hung out with these two for a few days in Moab. Really cool people. Almost joined them on their journey when they left, but I had my own plans I was following...

They're better at making the living-on-the-cheap rv lifestyle work than I am, that's for sure. To each their own; how they've set up their camper works for them, though some of it wouldn't work for me. And they're still re-thinking things as they go.

They're young and will be the first to admit they know nothing about auto mechanics. I went over some basic engine stuff with him, at least as far as checking coolant and oil and just looking things over to make sure they look ok. But both are talented in other ways and she can definitely cook :)