I think some of you may have some good info here so I will ask. On my '87 21ft I have the air bags on the suspension. I really have two questions, one is the air pressure to use in the bags. I had it at about 50-60 and I felt like I was looking down the hood and it handled funny. It reads a range of 20psi to 90 psi on the sticker for the bags. What I did was go to level ground and use the level built into the side of the thing and found that at about 25 psi it was pretty level and it rode more balanced. I realize as my weight changes in spring, when I load it up, I would have to increase the psi. I guess the questions is are my shocks not doing thier part, I am almost thinking of adding air shocks up front so I can lift the front instead of bottom out the rear. It seems like the front end is real low, but it is a 2wd. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar feeling. How could one tell if the shocks are shot, it has only 65K miles, not real bouncy or anything.

Downey Off Road makes a HD torson bar for the Toyota pickup they are bigger than stock and will raise the front end. Easier than trying to cobble a set of airshocks to the front.

• 1 year later...

I went ahead and replaced the shocks on mine about a year ago, I was told the Rancho 5000 would handle the weight and had a larger piston and was made for full sized trucks planning to tow or carry a camper. I think it helped going over potholes but I feel like the front end is still low. I had other more pressing issues to fix but at some point I will think of a way to shore up the front suspension, or add that torsion bar but the one that is on there now is pretty thick compared to the thin one on my 911. I am thinking my rear leaf springs are shot or maybe need those helper clamps. I do not want a big lift because the last thing I want in this thing is a high center of gravity, so maybe more of a leveling kit for the front and shore up the rear leafs is my goal here.