Ac While Motoring.

jjrbus

Normally no, but when dealing with the desert the answer is yes, IF there is no one in the back.

My only experience with dash AC in a motorhome was a class A, it seemed to cool the whole unit while traveling. Must have been a huge system? Long time ago and I do not recall ever using the gen set to run roof air while traveling. Being in FL I will likely have to run both AC at the same time, something I never took into consideration.

I will have to reconsider using an RV type generator or find another way? Jim

My only experience with dash AC in a motorhome was a class A, it seemed to cool the whole unit while traveling. Must have been a huge system? Long time ago and I do not recall ever using the gen set to run roof air while traveling. Being in FL I will likely have to run both AC at the same time, something I never took into consideration.

I will have to reconsider using an RV type generator or find another way? Jim

When automotive AC first came out in the 1930s - it was lucky to make 10K BTU. Modern AC units in cars and trucks are rated from 25K to 50K BTUs. That's a lot. That being said, the cab AC in my 1988 must be one of the lowest capacity units used. Does not make very much cool air flow. Early Cadillacs had the AC mounted in the rear with its own 1 1/2 horse gas engine. So when compared to modern campers and AC, I guess not much has changed.

That's the one thing I miss on my 1989 Warrior, no generator so I can't run the house AC while driving. It gets pretty hot back there with three kids. I've installed two fantastic fans and two under cabinet fans but it's not enough.

my cab AC is dead I have one of those magnifier stick on lens in my bathroom window so I like to watch that at times. I have roof air but no on board gen set.