Best Generator To Buy For 94 Winnebago Warrior?

Alaska94Warrior

The "correct" genset would be the Onan 2800 Microlite. They are in the 2700-3000$ range.

Are sure you cant do a box on the rear bumper for your Honda to live in? Some one here cut the bottom out of the generator box and made it lower so his portable would fit

Thanks for the info. Will look into the Onan 2800 Microlite....maybe one with low hours on Craigslist. I've thought of the rear bumper box for the Honda but didn't want a 55 lb payload (fully fueled) on the back. Lowering the generator box compartment floor sounds interesting and do-able. Thanks!

My first MH had an Onan 4K. My Toy does not have a gen set and any Onan will be a last resort, just ahead of Generac! Some people have no issue with them, I find them noisy, vibrate alot, gas hog's, undependable with expensive replacement parts! It is not just me, there is at least one other person! If money is not an issue and you will not be using a genset much they are available and an easy install.

http://www.chuckkelly.com/rv/generate.html

HTH Jim

I have an Onan, this year we had a mechanical breakdown in Hazelton ND pop 213. Due to a city celebration we were there for 3 days until the parts/mechanic showed up on Monday.

It was in the mid 90s, we put over 20 hr on the genset running the A/C. Was sure glad we had both.

On lots of vehicles Onan generators are mounted from underneath. There is a mounting kit available. You just need to remove the compartment floor completely and install the mounting kit. This is where they are on Roadtrek's.

Linda S

my honda 2000 fits in the compartment where my kohler used to be. I lowered the floor a little and have to si the gen in at a 45 degree angle then stand it up to clear the compartment door frame,

93 Winn warrior.

Yep, will set it a few feet away when I need to use it.

Everything is a go! My sister is flying in from Seattle tomorrow and we will be heading to Denali National Park to enjoy some hiking & canoeing/kayaking (even bought my dog a lifevest). If the weather cooperates I can show my sister the mountain at several scenic viewpoints around Talkeetna on the way up the highway. May even make it to Fairbanks and down the Richardson Hwy (one of the most idyllic scenic highways in Alaska).

Great forum, thanks for all the advice & tips everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

We want to add a generator to our just purchased 92 Conquest. We have an 80's Onan 3.0 RV gen that had a broken on off switch from another coach. Any suggestions on finding info on installation of generator to a previously no generator coach? Of course, we have no manual and neither does Ebay! Any guidance will be appreciated