Kicked Out Of Mammoth Fed Park

This years big trip to KY to spend some cash in Rand Paul's state, I figured I would start by staying in mammoth park campground the main one. We rolled in late at 1 am left an envelope in the pay box and parked... Out of all the campsites only 2 had power hookups and were occupied. The Feds had list of NO this and that's that was longer than a Chicago mayors rap sheet... No generators until 6 am to 2 pm, no music, no fun, no drinking, no fires ( unless you buy their wood) no showering unless you buy shower tokens from them etc. it was 92 degrees and I was sweating like a senator trying to explain what's in the tpp trade bill...but I waited and when dawn brok I began to hear the generators I fired up the HF predator inverter and began to get some seriously needed chilly air... The wife let the little ones out on the bikes and went with them while I cleaned up a bit and I noticed the fed ranger rolling up to the tent campers that were our neighbors...

I watched as the fed chatted with the neighbors who were packing up to leave and saw the fed mouth some words and point at our toy. She promptly came over and knocked on my door. I opened the door and asked her what I could do for her and she said that needed to immediately st down the generator... Mind you there were 6 revs within rock throwing distance all running generators all around us... So I asked why me? She stated mine was "too loud" . I complied and immediately noticed a much louder worksite regular Briggs n Stratton genny running next door. I pointed it out but she was obviously of the mind she didn't care for me or my fam. I considered arguing with her but gripe gave way to genius and I decided I would let her deal with the wife instead.

Wife returned and along the way got yelled at for the kids bikes for some reason by same fed so she was already primed.. And wanted to know why there was no AC... Without hesitation I unleashed the wife on the fed... Sat back and waited for the aftermath. Wife returned with our site money and said "pack it up we're outa here".

That crabby fed was no match for the wife. We went to mammoth lot and spent our campsite cash on breakfast and learned they allowed lot camping free. Let us run generator non stop they didn't care at all. When I mentioned the fed campsite they seemed to not like them; so there was something there but anyway my review of mammoth is that it's not worth it cave wise.

I have done diamond caverns and also cathedral caverns in KY and those are by far more spectacular (imho) . Later we went to mammoth jelly stone and even did an alpine slide nearby, both had excellent pay camp sites although pricey you get great pools and water slides etc.

If you have smaller kids let me say now that holiday world in Indiana near KY in Christmas is absolutely fantastic , one of the best and one of the only parks that will let 36-42 inch tall kids ride adult rides n slides, much more than cedar point will let them. They also have All you can drink unlimited free beverages, free unlimited sunscreen and very reasonably priced tickets for a park that can easily compete with cedar point and puts soak city to absolute shame. If you have 5-7 year olds you simply must try this park . Rudolph lake campground was so much fun and so beautiful we almost didn't want to leave to go to holiday world and they rent golf carts too. They also had their own water slides no an amazing pool free miniature golf and much more including awesome fishing in their stocked lake. Great trip!

To help the missus "reason" with a ranger get here one of these and let her help enlighten the ranger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-30-130dB-LCD-Digital-Audio-Sound-Noise-Level-Meter-Backlight-/201147810768?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed55803d0