Well, my engine took a dive on me last weekend and I need a complete rebuild. I don't have the time to do the rebuild myself, so I am looking for some mechanic recommendations near Portland Oregon. Or if anyone knows of any rebuilt or used 22R turbos for sale let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Try these guys for info on both an engine and a shop. http://engnbldr.com/

You should at least talk to these guys. They seem to know a bit about the turbo and can supply that engine. Most can't

http://www.yotashop.com/20r-22re/

I did find a lot of bad reviews of Oregon Engine Builders. Not the same as engnbldr.

Check out some of the Toyota 4x4 forums too. Also you could call Marlin Crawler and ask if they recommend anyone in Portland.

What on earth happened. Not an engine easily blown

Linda S

Not to sure what happened. I was headed down I-5 and a small known rattle turned into a louder one. I kept driving to see if it would smooth out and to diagnose, but a min later a clunk and hesitation startled me so I shut it off in fear of a timing chain issue. Got it towed home and inspected. Not timing related, just a whole lot of clunky noise coming from the internals. Most likely main bearing etc... So total rebuild at this point. Bummed, but she was burning a good amount of oil and I was planning on digging into her anyway soon. Just didn't think it would be so soon and to this extent.

Thanks for the info guys. I have heard great things about engbldr I'll check out the others mentioned above.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up going to NW Team Yota (Yotashop). Getting full engine rebuild, turbo rebuild, new clutch & and a whole lot of wiring in the eng bay re-routed/organized. Should have her back next week. Pretty excited to see the difference in performance/fuel economy.