Newbie: Fresh Water Tank Fill?

I'm on my first trip with my first motorhome, which also happens to be my first Toyota motorhome (a '88 New Horizon.)

On my fresh water tank fill, there are two connectors (plus a vent plug.) One connector has a screw off cap, and is labeled "low pressure fill" (or something to that effect.) To fill the tank, I uncap this, pull the vent pug out, and insert the hose, as the gentleman I bought the motorhome from instucted me to do, and all works as expected. However, right next to that connector, there is another connector, which seems to have a valve of some sort in it (like the valve on a tire, but much bigger), and a lip around the outer edge, but no threads. It is not my city water hookup, that's all the way around on the other side of the vehicle.

So my question is, what is this second connector for?

- Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like it might be for blowing the water out of your lines while winterizing your system,

but it usually is on the city water connector. Will an air line connect to this connector?

Dennis...