Window Blinds - 93' Winnebago Warrior

My 1" blade window blinds need attention. The cords are breaking and the rotating mechanism is binding.

The Winnebago warrior has brackets that mount upwards and due to the valance that is built around the blinds, the actual blind assembly has to be put in the bracket upwards. The retaining clip swings around like a trap door closing.

Most blinds slip straight in (parallel to the floor). Can not do that here without removing the valance which looks like a destruction project.

Been shopping online, several places have reasonably priced replacement blinds but not ones that fit the existing brackets.

looking for 1" wide and 3/4" tall headrail.

Anybody replaced the blinds in their RV? Any leads on sources?

PIC's to follow.

You could make your own brackets. It is not difficult to bend some up out of aluminum or lightweight sheet metal. You can paint them to match if you need to do so. It is a minor issue to have a leg of the bracket with a mounting screw exposed versus having the trap door style that comes with the blinds. The valance will pretty much hide it. Perfect DIY project to learn a bit of basic sheet metal skills on. You can do this!

Are you sure there isn't a section of the bracket that closes across the front.

The brackets in my Dolphin looked like they opened from the top, but on closer examination there was a piece of metal that snapped in place and needed a flat screwdriver to pry it open.

Also the valance was held in place with screws (some Hidden) and came right off.

Edited by kgragert

repair parts are available for blinds with headrail size 1 x 3/4. That will fix your problems. From what I can see all the new blinds are now 1 x 1 headrails so your option to keep with the same size is going to be to refurbish the ones you have, This website has all the parts you need as well as the instructions for doing the work.

This would be a good link to put in the reference archives for parts repair sources.

http://www.fixmyblinds.com/Mini-Blind-Parts-s/435.htm

This isn't a direct answer to the question at hand, but I did want to mention that you could always just trash all the blinds/valances on your Warrior. We did that for the dinette and kitchen sink windows on ours, mounted nice curtain rods and curtains; it's an easy job, and it feels and looks way better—like something from this decade. (I never could understand the usefulness or aesthetic value in covering the tops of windows with velour-ed, wooden boxes.)

The rotating mechanism on my 94 Warrior was binding also. Sprayed the mechanism with silicone spray and it now turns freely. Had to re-spray two times and work the mechanism.

Update: pulled one of the brackets - it is 1" x 1". BlindsChalet.com claims they have blinds that will fit - they are sending sample blind slats (for color matching) which is apparently SOP in the business.

I did call Winnebago - the parts number from the PDF file I had downloaded from their website came up but they do not have the parts anymore.

The valances on my camper are firmly attached to the cabinets. It appears that I would have to loosen the cabinets to get the valences off.

Samples should be here soon - will update later.