New Lesson Learned With Tarp For Snow

BobBeery

If I wait until fall I will forget to post this, so here it is now.

We get winter snow shin deep if not knee deep every winter and cannot store the Toy inside so I have tarped every winter. The first years my problem was getting small holes or tears in the tarp from the bolts in the luggage rack. Last fall I posted asking for a fix and some of you said to pad those bolt heads before putting on the tarp. Of course you were right, why didn't I think of that? I just used a couple wraps of some strong tape and got no holes there this past winter. Thanks to all who advised.

But I also had changed Toyhouses and the current one has an awning that the old one did not. At the front end of the awning roller there is a short lever for control of the spring that powers rolling the awning up. This past winter the tarp wore through at the end of that lever and I got a hole in my brand new extra large (read expensive) tarp with the lever sticking up through it. I had to get a ladder out to dis-engage the tarp when I took it off this spring.

So if you are lucky enough to have an awning and unlucky enough to need a tarp, remember to also pad that lever. Or if you change rigs, be aware that different things up there need to be accounted for if you have to tarp.