Vancouver Island Toyin, 2015?

Tuareg92

What are the plans for the annual Vancouver Island Toyin?

Haven't seen anything so far.

Hey--- great inquiring minds are on the same track. I signed in today to ask the same question. I love going to Living Forest RV park and would like to go back there. The last part of June or the first part of September would be good for me. Today's the day that I uncover my little Toy MH and get it ready for summer. Sue

Fifth Annual Vancouver Island Toy In

Greetings to all. There seems to be some interest in another Vancouver Island Toy In this year. Irene and I can be there in Sept but not late June to mid July. June tends to be a bit iffy for rainy weather and certainly more crowded as well, with children out of school. Let's look at the weekend following Labour Day - that is Sept 11, 12,13. Weather should still be pleasant and it's much less crowded then. What does everybody think?

• 2 weeks later...

Sept. 11,12,13 sounds great! Hoping for a good 'crowd' - all the old favs and some new people too!

• 1 month later...

For those who are following this thread you may be underwhelmed by the small response to date. We had initially proposed the weekend of 11 - 13 Sept for a Toy In at the Living Forest campground just south of Nanaimo BC on Vancouver Island. As it turns out, Irene and I will not be able to make that weekend but we do plan to be camping at Living Forest the following weekend, that is, 18 - 20 Sept. We will get a spot as close to 214 as we can so that we have easy access to the adjacent shelter.

We hope to see some of the old faces and some new faces as well. Happy Camping to all in this glorious weather! Cheers, Wayne & Irene

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys...I changed my calendar. Looking forward to being on Vancouver Island this fall...at least past the heat wave we are having! Hope others can join us. Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that we won't be stopping by this year. Number 1, I sold the Toy, and number 2, I just booked us on a cruise to Iceland and Greenland in that time period. We hope all attendees have a great time at Nanaimo. We'll try to attend next year, but it most likely will not be in a Toyota - hope that's ok.

Ron & Rose

Hey Guys...I changed my calendar. Looking forward to being on Vancouver Island this fall...at least past the heat wave we are having! Hope others can join us. Sue

So, what's it to be, 18 to 20' or 11 to 13? Are we losing interest folks?

Have fun on you cruise, YVR. Don't forget your mittens!

My 4 July post above gave the dates as 18 - 20 Sep. Nothing has changed since then. There is little interest this year for sure. We have Les and Fran, Tacoma Sue, yourselves and Irene and I. Hew and Sandi -- "honourary" Toy members as well as a maybe from an Idaho couple rounds out the list so far. We got site 159.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, 18 to 20 it is. We'll try to get something in the same vicinity. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

The Very Last Date Change for Vancouver Is Toy In 2015

Weather forecast for current dates is for solid rain the entire weekend as well as all the preceeding week. The following weekend. -- 25 to 27 Sept looks beautiful. We have changed our booking to that following weekend and notified members who had planned to attend of this change. This notice is for any others who had been thinking about coming. Everyone should make their reservations or reservation changes directly with Living Forest. Sorry for any inconvenience but Mother Nature can be a bit uncooperative at times. Irene and Wayne