I purchased my Toyota RV 2 years ago. I just love it! It came with tires in ok shape but now need replacing. They are 205/75 - 14. I know the original are smaller because this size does not fit in the spare tire holder on the rear and so I put it on the roof.

Could someone tell me what is recommended for this.

It is 6cyl with auto trans.

As well as recommended tire pressure?

thanks!

BV Sajjan

post-7161-0-34386800-1428640965_thumb.jp

Hi see http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7398, I went with the Hankooks and liked em so much I put 2 on my Ford, but a different size.

With the RA08's on the RV I run 55# rears, 48# in fronts, much higher than the reccomendation of Dolphin. It rides better with lower rear tire pressure but I did not like the small space between the rears when they flatten out. Above 55# the flatting out and thus the tire gap quit changing. YMMV :)

The correct tire size is 185R14. They are "D" rated and can be inflated to 65psi. Look at www.tires-easy.com they have quite a good selection.

I know everyone says you can't go larger because the tires will rub in the middle but those bigger tires look fantastic on your rig. If you don't have a problem with the distance between the duallies here's a D load range of a similar tire. These will actually look a little bigger but won't be any wider.

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/maxxis/205-14+maxxis+ue-168+%28n%29+bravo+series+109%252F107q.html

Linda S

... but won't be any wider.

"I say Nay Nay." - John Pinette :)

8.3" vs 7.2" Section Width.

http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-227-104-bravo-series-ue-168%28n%29#sizes

I've done some reading about reduced clearance of dualies on 18-wheelers. Not only is rubbing of tire sidewalls a concern, but also excessive heat build-up due to reduced airflow between tires, even if they don't physically touch.

The correct tire size is 185R14. They are "D" rated and can be inflated to 65psi. Look at www.tires-easy.com they have quite a good selection.

To be technical here - the "correct" tire according by what Toyota shipped 80s dually cab & chassis trucks with - is C-range tires for duallies. Toyota shipped D-range with single-rear tire setups. Nissan is the company that set the precedent for shipping dually trucks with D-range rear tires.