I came across an image of a very interesting sink cover. This would be excellent for situations where the sink is right at the end of a counter next to a rear dinette such as in the shorty Sunraders. Just slide the sink open and there is room for resting the dish drainer. Requires full extension slides to make it work. From a Great West Van, older model. Newer models are all Sprinter based.

post-6369-0-11800700-1427697082_thumb.jp

Interesting, I've seen the same sort of of idea using a piano hinge where the sink is near a wall. The lid had magnetic strips underside so you put knifes and such on them when the lid was up.

Interesting, I've seen the same sort of of idea using a piano hinge where the sink is near a wall. The lid had magnetic strips underside so you put knifes and such on them when the lid was up.

That is also an interesting idea to put magnet strips on the underside of a sink cover. I do like magnet strips :)

I wondered about the magnet strips. They must have been for storage or a drying rack when washing dishes. Because they would be a pain to get to when you were chopping something