Led Strip Light Diffusers

I like the idea of the LED strip lights but do not like looking directly at the LEDs.

I had been looking for a while for a diffuser that I thought would work well for lighting on the ceiling.

Just recently Lee Valley has come out with some channel with diffusers.

I like all of them, not inexpensive but such things rarely are when made with metal extrusions. However still much less expensive than other versions of this product that I have seen.

The cover version would work quite nicely mounted right at the upper edge of the cabinets against the ceiling. The angle will aim the lights out towards the center of the space instead of washing it straight down. But nothing to scrape your head against out in the center of the room.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=71702&cat=1,43349&ap=1

• 1 year later...

screw the led's I want that awesome saw show at the bottom of the link for $16.... that thing looks like it can ginsu through anything; aluminum included

I  use the carbide blade in my power miter saw for this kind of stuff. It makes nice clean cuts in aluminum extrusions with next to no effort ;)

I have lots of little hand saws, jeweler's saws, bimetal bandsaws, even a Harbor Freight mini cutoff saw and a large carbide blade cutoff saw made for whacking off steel. But the fast and easy was to cut this extrusion is with my power miter saw. It won't kill that blade or destroy the teeth to make a few cuts in this extrusion. Let the saw do the work, take it easy, you don't want to compress the profile edge of the extrusion when you make the cut.

6061 aluminum is a bit too hard for cutting it with a Zona Razor saw, it will ruin that blade. It is only meant for soft metals and this aluminum extrusion is at the hardest end of the scale for a soft metal. I found that out the hard way years ago when I trashed a razor saw blade trying that.

Edited by snail powered