I saved my pennies and purchased a black fiamma awning that arrived today. 6 bolts and I have an awning! I had one of these on my Sportsmobile, they are the best, and with all the rain we get in the northwest it will come in handy. Also an awning that can roll into an inclosure will keep it mildew free. Save your pennies because they are not cheap, but a simple hand crank an it's open!

post-7537-0-67459800-1426309659_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-61992500-1426309681_thumb.jp

Wow, what a beautiful looking rig you have. The awning also looks great.

You need 2 people and if you have a drip guard over your door you may have to remove it. I mashed mine down with a rubber malet. It has 3 brackets, two of them are hidden inside the cabinets. The front bracket I removed my interior panel in the cab over area and cut the bolts shorter so I don't see it, hidden behind panel. It's also pretty heavy around 45 pounds, but I reckon worth it. Took me a half day. They sell smaller awnings too.

Karen, I want to purchase a Dometic Cabana dome awning to my Sunrader. Two year ago there was a close out on this unit. Now you are expected to pay retail. I have been looking for one on sale, I'm in no rush. One of the member of our camping group has one on her Rpod and I really like the way it works. Easy set up and will keep the cold air out on chilly days. I want one that is 9' in length.

post-4138-0-83448000-1426424076_thumb.jp

post-4138-0-63400500-1426424079_thumb.jp

Karen, I want to purchase a Dometic Cabana dome awning to my Sunrader. Two year ago there was a close out on this unit. Now you are expected to pay retail. I have been looking for one on sale, I'm in no rush. One of the member of our camping group has one on her Rpod and I really like the way it works. Easy set up and will keep the cold air out on chilly days. I want one that is 9' in length.

I want something similar but smaller. I want one I can leave up and drive away from. There will be times I might do long term stays in an RV park or private rented RV site. If I only have the Sunrader with me I might need to run errands and don't want the work of taking it down and putting it back up again just to go grocery shopping.

I suspect I will end up modifying a tent to create a connection tunnel on it. I have several tents and shelters in storage. Since I am used to sewing things other than clothing it is not a huge challenge for me. Plus there is a local store that specializes in the kinds of fabrics and fittings or zippers I would need. Big bonus is my partner has a 3D printer that prints in black ABS or nylon so I could make custom end fitted pieces that will work with carbon fiber tubing which I can buy by the foot.

I need to figure out exactly what I want to do this summer as I want to get rid of the stuff I have in storage other than essentials and some tools.

Karen, i want to see your tunnel from tent to RV after construction. I was thinking same with a standalone screen tent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have recently bought a Sunrader and want to put an awning on it. Thinking about fiamma F45 or the pro 35. Are you still enjoying your awning and is it working well? Was it easy to install. Also can you tell me about your box and back rack? What brand and where did you purchase it. It all looks great!

Thanks,

Sunrader Guy

Wow kayak! Incredible rig Man! After pricing various awnings I realized they were beyond my budget so I got a Coleman 10'x10' pop- up screen house @ Walleys. Very nice! One person set-up. Lightweight. It has 2 doors so with some netting I can keep Grannies door open and walk into the screen house. No mosquitoes! Great for my Aussies.  Can just shut the door and drive away with the screen house still standing. Or can put the house over a picnic table. Very versatile!

• 4 years later...

Digging this one up from the depths. Would the three brackets supplied with the awning be sufficient, or is extra support worth an extra bracket or two (and the accompanying holes)? 

Thanks!

Kyle