Motorhome Fire That Happened In The Neighborhood

Not my motorhome and not a toy home. It was one of the motorhomes in the regular boon docking group that travels my Seattle neighborhood in a cluster. The fire started from a candle. There was an explosion too that blew big holes through the sidewalls and roof. Fortunately the two people in it got out alive with minor burns. The motorhome was visible from a security camera so you can see the fire event before the fire department arrived. Their kitty had much worse burns, you will see him in the video on the link and also see more about him in the link for the crowd funding that was done by my Veterinarian clinic that undertook his care to save his life.

Here is the news story on the fire: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/motorhome-burns-after-explosions-near-ballard/nkHgZ/

Here is the crowd funding on the kitty, advance warning you will see an injured animal who had bad burns. These are photos after his initial treatment. Don't open link if you have trouble looking at such things. They have enough funds for the moment now, the community really came through for him. This is the vet I take my cats to. The kitten was very fortunate that they were the closest place to the fire as they are the best people I have ever dealt with in many years of pet ownership. http://www.gofundme.com/memow

This is the third major motorhome fire that has happened in the boon docking community in the neighborhood. The first one was also from a candle and there was a fatality from it. So be very careful with candles!

Yes, candles and motorhomes are a bad mix. Try those new electronic tea candles. We use them and they are surprisingly pleasant. They have a built in flicker effect which actually does make them seem more realistic. I find that if you put them in a frosted candle holder they are more effective because you can't see the bulb. They last a long time too.

Beats burning up your Motorhome.