Marker Lights - Min Requirement

shibs

While I was eating my pop corn with my fine Jamaican rum, I was thinking about making my winni leak proof.

I think have over a dozen marker lights in the front and rear of the camper (I have a 90 winni).

I am thinking of plugging up the all the lights and keep just the min required by DOT.

So what can do here? just 1 at each corner?

I want to stay legal, I just wanted to minimize the # of holes in the skin.

2 for front corners, and 3 for the center, 5 total.

I am rethinking my strategy,

if I use all leds marker lights, and wire them in series, can I outlet support 5 led marker lights?

I am thinking of mounting the marker lights on a light 1/4x2x72 inch ply and wire them in series and mount them after plugging the holes.

An incandescent is usually around 5 times as much amp-draw as compared to an equal light-output LED. Incandescents with # 194 bulbs draw around 1/4 amp each as compared to an LED drawing 1/20 amp. So 14 markers with incandescents = 3.8 amps total. 14 markers with LEDs = .75 amp. Note I'm talking about incandescent markers with single bulbs. Some have duals for redundancy.

Thanks JDE,

Are all the marker lights on one fuse?

I am going wire all the front lights in series and tie them to one of the connections.

Wiring them in series won't work. Need to be wired in parallel. My 1988 Minicruiser has them all on one fuse - same as used for the tail-lights.

JDE, Thanks a bunch,

gotcha wired in Parallel.

I am going to attach all the lights to a foam (1/2x3x70),

I will route a grove behind the foam board for channel for the wires to run.

I will foam and plug all the holes and cap the wires then put in aluminum tape and cover the holes.

Not sure if I want to screw the foam board to the camper skin or use something like vhb tape.

If you can get to the backside of the outside wall. Here's the deal 1 hole.

http://www.grote.com/family/micronova-dot-led-clearance-marker-lamp/?prodcat=clearance-marker-lights