So took fuel injs, fuel rails etc back off today, thought I'd give it one last try before I give up. Re-cleaned everything, took each inj, hooked a clear tube up to each one {one at a time} filled the tube with some Inj cleaner, blew on tube while hitting contacts with battery to blow those out. Re-assembled everything.

Started it up ......... drumroll ......... it's fixed!!!!! Hooray for me!

So my next day off I'm most likely going to take it to Roberts shop and let him do the valve adj and timing belt.

IMG_9807.JPG

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CONGRATULATIONS!! Good job of staying with it!!

Question, are the injectors the original Densos or the rebuilt Flame Throwers? Did you clean the fuel rail too? Guess you think it was a clogged number 4 injector?   

Ditto from me. You kept after it and prevailed.

Darrel

Dude does this mean you had a questionable injector and you managed to install it in #4???

If so quick go buy a lotto ticket

It was the

11 hours ago, vrocrider said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! Good job of staying with it!!

Question, are the injectors the original Densos or the rebuilt Flame Throwers? Did you clean the fuel rail too? Guess you think it was a clogged number 4 injector?   

The rebuilt flame throwers are whats on it. Yes I cleaned fuel rails also.But as you see in the pic, these new injs have a pigtail that clips to new injs then to stock connectors. I'm not sure it's the re-cleaning of everything or that pigtail didn't stay snapped on good thru the process of putting everything back together. Either way I'm very happy I tore it back down one more time and got it taken care of, again thanks everyone for your help. :D

677176269_o.jpg

9 hours ago, WME said:

Dude does this mean you had a questionable injector and you managed to install it in #4???

If so quick go buy a lotto ticket

Lol wouldnt that mean my luck would be the opposite? The odds on me putting a bad inj in the same spot are probably close to the odds of winning the lottery so I guess I should buy a ticket!

I'm afraid to go start it today,been fighting it for so long I'm afraid when I start it the misfire will be back:blink:

Well shit, typing this from hospital room .

Took my dune buggy to the beach today and when I was loading it back on the trailer got bit by a rattlesnake,getting IV of antivenom now then I'm supposed to go to ICU and spend the night and maybe get another bag of antivenum in 8 hrs.

The pain is intense,they have given me numerous hits of morpine and it's barely making a dent,sure hope I get out tomorrow 

Your kidding... well at least your not on the first day of a 2 week Toy vacation

Get better soon.

4 hours ago, WME said:

Your kidding... well at least your not on the first day of a 2 week Toy vacation

Get better soon.

Ha! Second ambulance ride in less then a year,broke my leg in jetski accident on Father's Day that did ruin my vacation.

Finally got into a room. I am in like a ICU watching area.
Finally got some pain meds that took the pain from a 10 down to about or seven.
I am supposed to get two more bags of anti-venom, if swelling goes down probably be released Tuesday, if it doesn't go down they will have to do surgery if it continues to swell.What a pisser!

Oh well,pity party over,what's done is done 

• 2 weeks later...

So finally got a chance to put some miles on this rig today,I drove it the 40 mile trip to work.I wouldnt say theres a night and day difference,but there is a difference.So nice to have the window down and be able to hear that exhaust note sound the way its supposed to:D

It cruised great,now today was not windy and mostly flat roads,but it cruised at 72 mph with no problem and seemed like plenty of pedal left,felt like I could have squeezed 85 out of her if I would have attempted it,and no check engine light came on:)