All my water goes just into my black tank????

vtchris

I have a '91 Itasca and love it. I have only had it 2 years and just this summer when I went to empty the sewer this happens: First when I take off the cap there is a little fluid right there (about a cup), then I get the hose attached and pull the sewage (aka black water) handle and it empties, but then when I pull the grey water, nothing happens. Somehow all my water usage is just going into just one of my tanks. My idiot lights have never worked correctly, but they do go down to show empty after I dump, but otherwise aren't much help. Thank you in advance for any assitance, my first post here! Christine in beautiful Vermont

Hello,

Usually the shower and the kitchen sink will drain into the Gray holding tank, and the Toliet

and the bathroom sink will drain into the black water tank, however, it might be possible your

rig is setup to have everything but the shower to go into the black water holding tank.

Have you used the shower when you noticed the gray water holding tank was empty?

One sure way to test what is what is when you are at the dump station, open up your gray

water holding tank, keep your black water holding tank valve closed, and seperating run

each water item (kitchen sink, bath room sink, shower, toliet), and see which one drains

out your gary water holding tank.

Also, more then just the toliet needs to drain into the black water holding tank, in order

to get a bit more water in that tank, when you flush the toliet, you are only adding about

a cup of water to the black water holding tank, you need a bit more in that in order to be

able to drain the contents while at the dump station.

Dennis...