mwkelso

I am in the process of ripping the old flooring, fridge, and heater of out my old '83 Mini and stumbled upon the housing for the gas tank filler which was framed out underneath the carpet. Turns out its eaten away by gas and cracked all over so I am looking for a replacement. Is it called a gas filler housing? Does anyone know where I can get a new one? Even if its unverisal Im not picky just want to get it sealed off effectively.

The picture shows where the filler was framed into the cab the outside plate is recessed and probably about 6" in diameter.

post-7726-0-00948500-1422204930_thumb.pn

I am in the process of ripping the old flooring, fridge, and heater of out my old '83 Mini and stumbled upon the housing for the gas tank filler which was framed out underneath the carpet. Turns out its eaten away by gas and cracked all over so I am looking for a replacement. Is it called a gas filler housing? Does anyone know where I can get a new one? Even if its unverisal Im not picky just want to get it sealed off effectively.

The picture shows where the filler was framed into the cab the outside plate is recessed and probably about 6" in diameter.

Here's the Toyota factory diagram showing you what sizes you need. If you find a generic steel filler-neck - it needs to be 2" OD on the big part and 1/2" OD on the small part.

post-6578-0-13504600-1422224086_thumb.jp

Nice diagram with part numbers and prices listed. Unfortunately this site often has parts listed that aren't really available anymore. Can't hurt to try though and at least it will make the parts easier to find used somewhere, ebay?

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=333594&ukey_product=2324181

Linda S

or do you just need to replace the rubber filler hose you can get that at car quest or napa make shure you use gas filler hose . take old one to match up