Tilting The Camper For Storage - H2O Pooling

shibs

Well guys, I have a little sag where my A/C is and after I aired the tires in Aug, I have water pooling above the kitchen in the corner.

I want to tilt the camper enough so all the water runs off.

what have you done to tilt you camper?

I use a 3' 2x8 with a 2' 2x8 on top to make a ramp for the front wheels. It gives me 4" lift and ensures good run off.

• 3 weeks later...

That is one nice looking RV shibs. I wish mine was that nice.

I also park with the front end on pieces of 2 x 8 to give me a 3" lift. I have never had a leak problem but I think that if water doesn't sit up there, it is less likely to leak.

That is one nice looking RV shibs. I wish mine was that nice.

I also park with the front end on pieces of 2 x 8 to give me a 3" lift. I have never had a leak problem but I think that if water doesn't sit up there, it is less likely to leak.

lol, that is NOT my camper, just a pic from the internet sorry, I will post a pic of mine

Ok, mine is leaking at the seams all around, leaking more at the corner/side above the range after I inflated the tired this fall (changed how it sits) and the camper tires sank more into the loose gravel/mud.

Isn't tilting bad for your tires? I've heard long term parking on hills are not good for vehicles... though I'm sure pooling water is also not good...

I am not sure, maybe the experts can chime in, I did about flat spots on the tire but keeping the tires inflated at max should help with that.

I don't tilt my RV to the side, I raise the front wheels to give it a slight tilt to the rear. I don't think I want to put sideways pressure on the sidewalls. Nothing scientific about it, it just does not feel right to me.

I don't tilt my RV to the side, I raise the front wheels to give it a slight tilt to the rear. I don't think I want to put sideways pressure on the sidewalls. Nothing scientific about it, it just does not feel right to me.

Bob,

I have this raised border in the rear, water is pooling there going in through a leak.

I want to raise it enough (front or back) to drain water away from this.

post-4191-0-72812900-1423433926_thumb.jp

If the leak is in the rear I would park it front lower. Doesn't yours have a leak in the front too? Why aren't you just tarping it

Linda

Linda, you are correct, it is leaking from the front too, but it is leaking from other spots also :-(.

unfortunately I missed the boat on tarping the camper, right now my yard looks like this:

So I was thinking if I tilt it for now, the melt will just roll away and not pool and leak more into camper

post-4191-0-18163200-1423577937_thumb.jp