View New Content Function Erratic

I use new content almost exclusively when viewing the site. Karen if you can post some links to posts that don't show up in new content I will see what I can do. I will check the various threads now and see if I can find some I missed

Linda S

The view new content function on the forum is not working properly. There will be new content but it does not show up under that filter selection.

I've never used the "View New Content" button ever before. I have always left my selection on "Forums" (top of page). When a person writes, a new comment, it displays (on my computer) the date, time & handle name of the writer. This tells me enough information that someone has made a NEW comment. It has always worked for me.

P.S. What I have found not functioning the same (since Greg's fixing) is: as I type this comment, the dialog box that I am typing in looks very antiquated. It looks like I am using an old Microsoft "Works" program, running in a DOS 3.0 world. Greg certainly did re-boot the website back into a much older version.

Am I the only person that has noticed this?

~Riverman77

Edited by Riverman77

Looking at the forum page only reveals the last comment made in any particular section. It does not reveal the other comments that might have been made by a number of individuals on a number of different topics within a forum section. So for me the new content feature is relevant and important to how I use this website.

Looking at new content I can see it's only showing recent new content for me. There are hundreds of other threads I never bothered to read that no longer show. I still can't find omissions in recent new content though. It's hard to search and then go back and check cause it's no longer new content. I'm stumped

Linda S

Looking at the forum page only reveals the last comment made in any particular section. It does not reveal the other comments that might have been made by a number of individuals on a number of different topics within a forum section. So for me the new content feature is relevant and important to how I use this website.

Corbin,

Ah, now I get what you are saying. I think I have tried using that once before. For me, it got me thinking in too many directions at once. Thanks for the clarification.

Have you noticed the dialog box (when typing a reply) looking more antiquated these days (since Greg's fixing)?

~Riverman77

I have also never used this function. I find it easiest to just view each forum for whats new. But on the left side of the "New content Page" you should be able to select how far back in time you want to go. I am not sure that I am clearly hearing what the problem is. As a note the system has not been rolled back to a older version. Nor have I turned off any features.