Awning

loria.edgar

I have a Toyota Odyssey 1990.

I need to buy an awning. I guess 12-13 feet for the side, !! and which one or what type is the recommended?
Also a replacement fridge and A/C?
Can somebody tell me a web side to buy them?
Thanks
Edgar

The Bottomdollarsurplus ebay seller has them every few weeks. Usually cheap, like $30. They have also sold AC units rather inexpensively, like $250.

We have the kind that has an aluminum pleated cover plates. Just roll it up and it's protected from the elements. Ours is old, but when you roll it out looks like new. Cost more but really worth it in my view.

We have the kind that has an aluminum pleated cover plates. Just roll it up and it's protected from the elements. Ours is old, but when you roll it out looks like new. Cost more but really worth it in my view.

Where I can Buy it? what is the brand, style..??

Thanks

It's a Dometic, will try to find model #. It's a 2 way in the sense you can extend the vertical arms and leave them attached to the bottom of the RV or detach them and run them straight down, the feet have holes for the tent stakes. Either way ours is not as stable as I like things to be I went to a Ben Franklin and got, 2 4 packs of stakes, stake hammer with removal claw, and 50' of 1/4 nylon rope. Burn rope in center to get 2 25' lengths. Run each rope around the top ends of the extended awning, one or two wraps, and run to the ground, (at a 45 degree angle), and stake each end. Even if you get a windstorm (which we did get at Burney Falls) no problems.

It says A&E Systems on the bottom of both vertical struts. I measured it at 12 feet, which is as long as you could put on ours. I have had it well over 6 feet extended, don't know how long it goes.

Mike, I like the design of those awnings but I wonder how they attach to the vehicle. It would be nice if they use the awning rail that is on most RV's. I don't like drilling more holes.