I Found This In A Propane Line

So maybe we can do some SEO (Search Engine Optimization) here with this thread, so maybe it'll pop up more easily for someone else than it did for us when we googled this.

Small cotton filter in Dometic fridge lp/propane line. Part #477 2923191007 filter, gas.

Well after all the wondering if I could put this part back myself, instead of taking it to a technician, and worrying about whether it would be covered by the warranty, I finally went out with the exploded parts diagram to look at my fridge.

So far as I can tell, the filter just sticks right into the inlet on the fridge for the propane. Simple as that. Just slides right in there. So it didn't fall into that place and block gas flow. It was exactly where it was supposed to be, and fell out when I disconnected the gas line.

So...that doesn't explain the fridge not working this summer.

It'll be awhile because of the cold weather, but I guess I'll just put it back in and test it in warmer weather. Like I mentioned, the AC cooling works great when I bring the fridge in the house and plug it in. But I can't really test the gas indoors, with the fridge out of my camper.

Yeah now you know what it is but not why it did not work that's a bummer. Seems if it works inside on electric there is some sort of gas issue hope you have documentations through all this so you can start all over again in the summer.

Well I'll try venting it properly, but don't have too much hope for that. I mean it worked perfectly for 4 months the way I had it installed. So even if I didn't properly vent it, I'm not convinced that's why it just stopped working out of nowhere. We'll see!

I would say if it's a vent issue it still should cool but not as well. The condenser has to have air flow to be efficient.

Make sure its a full moon and be sure to perform the needed rituals involving headless chickens

Well after all the wondering if I could put this part back myself, instead of taking it to a technician, and worrying about whether it would be covered by the warranty, I finally went out with the exploded parts diagram to look at my fridge.

So far as I can tell, the filter just sticks right into the inlet on the fridge for the propane. Simple as that. Just slides right in there. So it didn't fall into that place and block gas flow. It was exactly where it was supposed to be, and fell out when I disconnected the gas line.

So...that doesn't explain the fridge not working this summer.

It'll be awhile because of the cold weather, but I guess I'll just put it back in and test it in warmer weather. Like I mentioned, the AC cooling works great when I bring the fridge in the house and plug it in. But I can't really test the gas indoors, with the fridge out of my camper.

Well look on the bright side, the Chinook makes a great fridge in Montana in the winter time ;)