So without going into the why, can we just assume there is a GREAT reason for putting a 1 inch lift in the front of a dolphin?

What concerns would you have doing it?

Not sure of reason to lift front can be done easily could also alter stability as 2/3 weight on rear axle understand it can stress certain components. for further details of lifting google yotatech. many write ups about it on there. as for me as i use mine on highways and campsites i would lower mine.

I'm going to ask for clarification. The Title says '1" Body Lift' and the text says '1" lift in the front'. In my lingo, 'body lift' is accomplished using spacers between the chassis and body for tire clearance while your 'front end lift' would be done with suspension changes.

Either way, 1" isn't a whole lot but can involve a whole lot of work for just 1".

So without going into the why, can we just assume there is a GREAT reason for putting a 1 inch lift in the front of a dolphin?

What concerns would you have doing it?

More info needed. 1" higher then it is now? 1" higher then it was when new? 1" more ground clearance under the front? 1" higher RV body with the truck chassis remaining the same?

Oh people can't help but want to know why!! :)

Without going into the why, no, there is absolutely no "great" reason for putting a one inch lift on the front end. I can think of a few bad reasons, like people have already mentioned. But probably not even any "good" ones.

yep. i am talking about placing a 1 inch round disk under the 6 front body mounts. Does not seem like a lot, but when you are shoving a big behind lexus v8 motor in a dolphin, inches really start to matter. The one inch lift will raise the master cyl up enough to move the motor back an inch, thus giving room for the radiator and fan.....

one inch should not be a big deal as far as ride, safety etc, just checking with you all too see if I am missing something.

Well......

The house rests on the cab, how are you going to raise the cab and have the proper fit?

Well ya, everything on the front will raise. cab and house. Though I think this is going to be a mute point any way, I have made some adjustments to the pan, allowing me to lower the motor. so I probably wont lift it, but it was an interesting thought. This is not mine, but it shows just how close the motor sits.

I have thought of posting a build thread, i have done a few build posts in the past, but I now have such a low tolerance for trolls, or people who want to comment on silly thing, criticize, the "well I would have done" crap an so on that I just have not bothered. I have been taking all sorts of photos and could, when done, make a post.

The learning curve on this swap is steep. If I had known at the start what I know now....man....If I do another It will be far quicker.

post-7786-0-45717300-1417995058_thumb.jp

I guess the only thing I'd be worried about, as was already mentioned, is that the coach sits on the cab. You may have enough slop or play in the coach body to take up 1", so maybe it'll be fine. But since the coach sits on the camper, and the coach is bolted to the frame in the back, you could be putting stress on the rear mounts and the body of the camper.

How are you going to lower the engine? Just modifying the motor mounts?

Definitely sounds like a cool project. There aren't as many trolls around here, since it's mostly an older crowd. But you might still get plenty of "I would have done it this way" kind of stuff :)

Montana, ya you are right, I do forget this is not the normal group, so I probably would not get the crap I hate from other boards. Perhaps I will start up with some posts.

The problem with lowering the motor is the oil pan hits the drag link. so you have to cut out the pan so you can drop it down, and move it back toward the firewall. (photo may help) The motor mounts have not been set permanently yet, once i get the motor where I want it I will weld them up!

Derek.. oh yes, the thought of using the BFH has crossed my mind many times, though I am trying sooooo hard to do this right. I will see what kind of clearance I have when I put the motor back in.

post-7786-0-49734200-1417997453_thumb.jp

post-7786-0-95876200-1417997723_thumb.jp

post-7786-0-86765200-1417997730_thumb.jp