Sunrader Trim. Where To Buy It?

Anyone know where to get the exterior white plastic trim on the sunraders. It's the exterior piece that covers the screws and fits inside the metal railing. Joins the top and bottom fiberglass together. Mine is brittle and cracked. I took a piece off and found screw holes without some screws in them!! Now I know where my leak is from. Any ideas?

Anyone know where to get the exterior white plastic trim on the sunraders. It's the exterior piece that covers the screws and fits inside the metal railing. Joins the top and bottom fiberglass together. Mine is brittle and cracked. I took a piece off and found screw holes without some screws in them!! Now I know where my leak is from. Any ideas?

It's just narrow insert trim. Available on ebay and most rv stores. I think 3/4 inch instead of the usual 1 inch.

Linda S

RV stores, camping world, Ebay and Amazon carry the 3/4 inch insert. I like the black, easier to maintain. Sell $6-10 roll.

My local Dollar store has all sorts of colours available in electrical tape. Red, yellow, blue, green. There are all sorts of different coloured duct tapes available too.

Yes I love the dollar store. The wheel and tire cleaner from Dollar Tree is the best automotive cleaner out there. I use it to clean my engine and anything that gets really gunked up. Use it on the driveway too for my many spills

Linda S

When I was in Plattsburgh, I used to like Yankee 1 Dollar and of course Big Lots. Not so much for their 'standard' bought in bulk from Chindia stuff, but for the 'name brands' they liquidated. I always checked Yankee 1 Dollar for their paints. Often weird colours, but sometimes Rustoleum and Red Devil rattle cans of black, white and red for a buck are always useful! Sometimes even a quart can. Can't beat that!

Big lots used to have the best paint for next to nothing. I used some to paint the curb at work years ago and it still looks decent. Tall curb, old ladies tripping, shopping center didn't care. I think it cost $2.50. They don't have it here anymore, darn

Linda

It is called "insert trim" They sell it at Evergreen RV in Seattle. Call them on the phone. Have the measurement of the inside width of the track on hand for the conversation. They stock two widths of that type of trim so they need that measurement to get your order right. My 1980 Sunrader is older and has an off white color "colonial white" . I don't know if the newer Sunraders are the brighter white or if they are that ivory, almost beige Colonial white color. You can also get it in black if you want some contrast detailing.

They did not have enough in the store on hand from my Sunrader so they ordered it in for me. It took 2 rolls of the trim to do the whole band on my 18' but there was some left over. Evergreen can usually get it to the store from the major RV wholesale warehouse in Portland, Oregon within one or two business days. Great people to deal with, always polite and patient with their customers.

It has been a couple of years since I bought the new trim for mine so I don't remember the exact size I got and I don't have the Sunrader here on site to measure it. One thing you need to be aware of, it shrinks a bit after installation as you will have inadvertently stretched it while working. So leave an extra inch or two in length at the ends to allow for that and go back later in a month or so and trim it off. It is going to creep around for a while. You will want a soft edged tool to help you get it run into the groove.

Easy way to get the trim into the groove:

Over by the caulking at Evergreen RV they have a small green flat plastic tool that helps create a nice fillet in caulking. One end is chisel shaped the other end is rounded. The rounded end was just the trick for helping guide the trim into the groove. You will put one edge of the trim into the groove then guide the other edge in by sliding that tool along in the groove. The job goes quickly that way. So order that tool when you order the insert trim. It is an inexpensive item.

I got the job done! Replaced everything with two 25' foot rolls of black trim. I counted in all 19 extra holes WITH NO SCREWS in them. They didn't even bother to plug them up with sealant!! If your a Sunrader owner I'd highly recommend replacing your trim - I found many areas where heavy NW rains allowed water to seep in!! I replaced my screws with stainless and also added small rubber washers in areas where I had some leaking in the front and rear (both areas I had just replaced my interior panels) I took my panels off from the inside during some heavy rain and noticed 2 spots where they felt damp and small drips where coming in!! I added epoxy and cloth to these areas too from the inside.

SO if you have a Sunrader, take a look at your trim. Shoddy workmanship at the factory!! 19 extra holes drilled into the walls all around my Sunrader and no attempt to at least fill them with sealant!! You think your windows leak - I beat you they are fine, and its your screws under that 25 year old trim piece! $30 bucks and 3-4 hours of work is well worth it. I used a small curved piece of sturdy plastic (epoxy stirring stick) to install mine. I inserted one end of the trim in the metal grove, and then placed my plastic tool in the opposite side and pushed it along the metal trim edge, and it forced the trim into place. Took me an hour of fussing with my first piece to figure this out!! The black looks good on my camper, I'll add a pic next chance I get.

I got the job done! Replaced everything with two 25' foot rolls of black trim. I counted in all 19 extra holes WITH NO SCREWS in them. They didn't even bother to plug them up with sealant!! If your a Sunrader owner I'd highly recommend replacing your trim - I found many areas where heavy NW rains allowed water to seep in!! I replaced my screws with stainless and also added small rubber washers in areas where I had some leaking in the front and rear (both areas I had just replaced my interior panels) I took my panels off from the inside during some heavy rain and noticed 2 spots where they felt damp and small drips where coming in!! I added epoxy and cloth to these areas too from the inside.

SO if you have a Sunrader, take a look at your trim. Shoddy workmanship at the factory!! 19 extra holes drilled into the walls all around my Sunrader and no attempt to at least fill them with sealant!! You think your windows leak - I beat you they are fine, and its your screws under that 25 year old trim piece! $30 bucks and 3-4 hours of work is well worth it. I used a small curved piece of sturdy plastic (epoxy stirring stick) to install mine. I inserted one end of the trim in the metal grove, and then placed my plastic tool in the opposite side and pushed it along the metal trim edge, and it forced the trim into place. Took me an hour of fussing with my first piece to figure this out!! The black looks good on my camper, I'll add a pic next chance I get.

Where did you get the two 25' rolls of black trim and what was it called? Thanks

Vinyl Trim Molding Screw Cover

http://www.rvpartscountry.com/RVMoldingTrim

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Camco-25173-RV-3-4-Black-Vinyl-Insert-Molding-Trim-25-Roll-/110979280069

The vinyl trim is also available in longer rolls IF you happen to have more than one to do.

Thank You

My local rv store had it.

What about the interior rubber plastic window trim found on my Sunrader that is around my inside front windows? Its U shaped and a hard plastic. I tried spray painting my my existing trim, but its pretty beat up.

My local rv store had it.

What about the interior rubber plastic window trim found on my Sunrader that is around my inside front windows? Its U shaped and a hard plastic. I tried spray painting my my existing trim, but its pretty beat up.

Front side windows? Picture? I'll look at mine tomorrow but you must mean the side ones right? Or do you mean the u shaped trim on the paneling around the windows.

https://www.google.com/search?q=edge+trim&biw=1093&bih=479&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=kCeNVOaAJM-oyATH4YHgDA&ved=0CDEQsAQ

Linda S

I was in Tap Plastics the other day. They have flexible vinyl trim in black, gold and silver that will fit over the edge of maximum 1/8th inch thick paneling. I tried it around a curve and it took the radius that would be from a Sunrader window very nicely. Price was 85 cents per foot. Same stuff a flexible PVC trim edge guard. Looks nicer than the rough textures of the original edge trim on the Sunrader wall panels. They sell it at autoparts stores as well.

Here is one place that has lots of pvc edge trims. As you will see they come in a wide variety of profiles and sizes.

http://www.brandsport.com/prtrco60.html

Here is the black exterior trim, looks good.

You just about have that exterior done and its looking great and stylistically pulled together.

Next up vinyl striping and decals. This stuff is very good. Reflects the light at night but looks black in the daylight. Also comes in a silver grey color. Comes in a variety of widths including wider sheets for cutting into decal shapes. Handy if you are parked as someone will see your rig clearly at night when driving towards you. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Marine/Home/Products/AAD-Catalog/?PC_Z7_RJH9U52300F3F02NHKM5JS2ON1000000_nid=GSVN9HB7GSgs2875VTTP9SglGSS8PJ58BMbl

I like that 3M black reflective stuff Corbin! I could redo my striping with it. Hmmmm. Think I'll wait. I still have fire engine fold up steps to add to the right rear side of my rig. I want quick access to a ski and snowboard roof rack. This is my next project! I painted my wheels black too

post-7537-0-66176400-1419662603_thumb.jp

• 5 years later...
On 12/25/2014 at 4:10 PM, kayakthecoast said:

Here is the black exterior trim, looks good.

post-7537-0-25108900-1419552646_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-54226300-1419552655_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-44988500-1419552663_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-04946300-1419552671_thumb.jp

Could you please provide a link or part number? That looks excellent!! Way better then rusty screws!

2 hours ago, sealion said:

Could you please provide a link or part number? That looks excellent!! Way better then rusty screws!

This might be what you need, but wait for a Sunrader expert to confirm that it's the correct width.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-25173-Vinyl-Insert-Black/dp/B01B3TNO04