Where To Find Toyota Parts

jrussell

I'm sure this topic has been covered, but I'm new on here and don't see how to search! I collided with a deer recently in my 1988 Seabreeze and have damage to front driver's side. Body shop not sure whether parts are available. Can someone help point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Hi
have one fitted on my toy as deer now own 2 miles of road i use for commuting. deer are very hard to spot in dark only the eyes give them away. not got any red deer as stags weigh up to ton. lucky me only smaller roe deer still 1/4 - 1/2 ton. more than likely be riding shotgun with me if i hit one.

Wow, Cool! That's a tank! Unfortunately, mine was a little more vulnerable than that one.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking at car-part.com; looks like they have all the parts. I'm just afraid it will be so expensive to fix the insurance company might want to "total" it.

Print out every ad for a Toyota motorhome with similar mileage to yours that you can find. Also look at ebay completed listings so you can show them what they really sell for. We have a for sale section here to you could pull ads from. Show receipts for any work you have had done or improvements you made and price you paid. Is the body shop you went to the one your insurance company recommended? You don't have to use them. If possible get estimates from other places. I would worry about that shop anyway. What body shop doesn't know how to source parts. Hello that's what they do for a living.

Linda S

I think this is about the most bullet-proof bars I've seen on a Toyota!

86_hilux_clipper_1.jpg

Hi
bull bar/nudge bar is very similar to mine. 3" tubing that goes from wing to wing. piece of cake to fit 4 bolts go in to pre tapped holes in chassis. have accidentally nudge a fence and dry stone wall. fence lost and tie with stone wall. have seen these walls destroy cars. prob is deer have most body mass above bar height. might save body work but bambi in passenger seat is not a pleasant thought. as i work as chef and discussed this at work bosses answer was bring in bambi and we can have a venison special. ummmm not what i wanted to hear. when i was driving in oz was given instructions on what to do if an emu or kangaroo came through windscreen. basically duck head as far under dash as possible. judging by huge amount of road kill in oz and lack of drivers dying must be good advice.

Try 1200lbs of Poland China pig vs a mid 70s Chevy Chevette

Hmm sounds like when you guys get hungry you take a drive. I strongly recommend a 70's Chevy station wagon. Only new car I ever purchased, Toyota Corolla, got completely crushed by one. Only damage to the Chevy was some gold paint on the bumper

Linda S