Hi

can someone confirm if toyota part number 90942-020(58) or 68 is the correct wheel stud for a 1989 21ft dolphin with v6. could i use a stud off a 4runner of same year.

Thanks

dave

Dont ask how i snapped it. lol :-) :-) :-)

According to http://www.toyotapartszone.com/ and my VIN number (1991 Warrior, 90 chassis), the second number - 68 fits but not the first.

Price $2.64 each.

Hi skydancer

thanks for reply link has answered my questions. being in uk with search for 4 runner as my chassis with drw does not exist in europe.

Thanks again

dave

Hi dan

minor prob with decent auto parts place is nearest is 120 miles away on roads which wind like a snake and go up down from sea level to 1500 ft like a roller coaster. not a good idea with a missing stud. So looking to buy off internet.

Hi

can someone confirm if toyota part number 90942-020(58) or 68 is the correct wheel stud for a 1989 21ft dolphin with v6. could i use a stud off a 4runner of same year.

Thanks

dave

You didn't mention front, or back, and if your front wheels match your dually rears. Toyota dually FF rears use studs that are 14 mm diameter (approx 1/2"). 4 Runners and minitrucks use studs that are 12 mm in diameter (approx 9/16").

You didn't mention front, or back, and if your front wheels match your dually rears. Toyota dually FF rears use studs that are 14 mm diameter (approx 1/2"). 4 Runners and minitrucks use studs that are 12 mm in diameter (approx 9/16").

Excuse my dyslexia. I inverted those figures. RVs with FFs and 7.25" X 6 lug wheels use 14 mm studs that are approx 9/16" diameter. 4-Runners and light trucks use 12 mm studs (approx. 1/2").

Hi

Thanks

dave

9094202058 is a 14 mm diameter stud for the front. 1 1/2" long. Local auto parts will probably carry a replacement with the Dorman brand. Part # 610338. NOT what a 4-Runner uses.

A 1989 Dolphin would have matching wheels, front and rear. I'll go out on a limb (since I don't know any better) and assume that the same studs are used front and rear. :)

EDIT: Since that PN specifically mentions 'Front' I (again) assume that the rear is different.

http://www.toyotapartsdirect.ca/p/TOYOTA__/BOLT--HUB-FOR-FRONT-AXLE-BOLT/47981735/9094202058.html

A 1989 Dolphin would have matching wheels, front and rear. I'll go out on a limb (since I don't know any better) and assume that the same studs are used front and rear. :)

EDIT: Since that PN specifically mentions 'Front' I (again) assume that the rear is different.

http://www.toyotapartsdirect.ca/p/TOYOTA__/BOLT--HUB-FOR-FRONT-AXLE-BOLT/47981735/9094202058.html

Front and rear studs with matched 7.25" X 6 lug wheels are very different. Front are Dorman 610338 and rear are Dorman 610339. Fronts are only 1 1/2" long. Rear studs are 2 3/4" long.

Hi

just to clear up a few points. 1989 21ft dolphin ff rear axle. 6 stud wheel pattern. all wheels are interchangable. hope this helps everyone who has contributed to help me.

Thanks

dave

Hi

should also add it has proper duellys.

Hi

should also add it has proper duellys.

You need the Dorman part #s that I posted. All your studs will be the equivalent of 9/16" diameter instead of the usual 1/2" found on other Toyota trucks and 4-Runners. In Metric speak that's 14 mm instead of 12 mm.

Yes dorman will ship to uk. 10 studs £40 shipping.

Hi derek

are measurments in mm. will compare to dorman on measurenents. IF the same whoopee. :-)

Thanks

dave

Unfortunately, one of the critical dimensions isn't given: diameter of the knurl. :(

But if all the others check out, you could investigate further.

BTW, it seems the same stud is also used on some Landcruisers.

http://afcparts.co.uk/0184-004-WHEEL-STUD-BOLT-LUG-NUT-OEM-90942-02077.html

http://www.tojo4wdcentre.com.au/part-shop/view/627/141/landcruiser/landcruiser-uzj200-9-07-12-11/90942-02077-stud-wheel-bearing-hub-front-and-rear

They don't appear to be the same stud. The right ones are still available from Toyota so if you would like I'd be happy to go to a local dealer and buy however many you want and ship them to you. Going to cost more than 2.64 a stud but ordering from toyotapartszone means paying their shipping charges too. Do you want new nuts too? Looks like the studs would be about 4 bucks each and shipping less than 25 dollars. Convert that to pounds and it sounds really cheap. Let me know

Linda S

Does not look correct to me but you need the OD of the knurled section. It's not in the specs you gave.

post-6578-0-81997200-1415712737_thumb.jp

Your Toyota calls for a stud with a total length of 1 1/2", not 2" like in the photo. If you cannot find a supplier where you live - why not just buy from the USA? I buy parts from Ireland and Great Britain often. Parts often get here in 4-5 days and shipping is often no more then when I buy from within the USA.

Heck - if won't work for you - just have someone here send you the studs! I'll do it if you want.

Hi

thanks to linda and jdemaris for offering to sent parts. for some strange reason shipping to uk for usa is very expensive but from australia very reasonable. no logic on it.

Thanks

dave

Hi

thanks to linda and jdemaris for offering to sent parts. for some strange reason shipping to uk for usa is very expensive but from australia very reasonable. no logic on it.

Thanks

dave

I buy a lot of parts from GB and Ireland and the parts usually gets here in 4-5 days. Last part I ordered cost $32 to ship and it weighed 20 lbs.

Seems odd it's more in reverse. Is the USA making it difficult?

Insured air mail to USA/Canada £20.00

White House Products LTD, Unit 3, Kelburn Business Park, Port Glasgow PA14 6TD, United Kingdom

I agree but £40 for a wheel stud is a rip off. might try a toyota dealer but dealers hate imports even grey imports from japan. even tried a 4wd supplier that supplies japanese thai and ozzie parts. answer a blunt no. used the toyota p/n. let you work out uk shambles on parts. now if i had a muscle car from us warehouses full of parts in uk or next day delivery from us. why are toyota parts difficult maybe they never break down. ?????

• 4 years later...

Hi long time since I've been on here. Update on wheel stud. Ordered a land cruiser wheel stud from a company in UK called rough trax. Think it cost me £5 with nut and postage. Took abit of wrangling to buy as they like to supply parts that fit first time. An American only supplied RV is not on there model option list. Agreed if it did not fit I would not return it. 

Yes a perfect match. Thread on stud matched nut.