Tire Rotation

bufbooth

Hello All,

It is time for me to rotate my tires, I put 10,000 miles on them in the last year, however, I

realized two issues, one is that I have never rotated tires on a vehicle with six tires, and

two is that I do not have enough jacks / jack stands to do what I think might be required

as a full tire rotation.

On a car the rotation usually involves taking the left front tire and moving it to the rear

right tire, then moving the rear right tire to the front right tire, then moving the front right

tire to the left rear tire, then moving the left rear tire to the left front.

The problem with having duellies is that I cannot exchange two rear tires for one front tire.

So, my current tire rotation plan is to exchange the front two tires with each other, and then

on each of the rear dullies I will move the outside tire to the inside and the inside tire to the

outside, which due to the face to face rim arrangement it will reverse the direction each of

the tire was turning before.

Interested in hearing thoughts/suggestions on my current tire rotation plan and on what

everyone else does for their tire rotation.

Thanks,

Dennis...

OK no "facts" but this is what I was told. Don't change direction of rotation of the rears because the load they carry. So just swap the duels from side to side an don't change rotation.

The left inner becomes the right outer and the left outer becomes the right inner and so forth.

Fronts, your plan is OK

Hello WME,

Sounds like a plan, I had to draw it out on paper to be sure it would keep the direction,

kept on losing it in my mind, but you are correct, to keep the same direction on the

arrangement of the rears.

Thanks,

Dennis...

:lips-sealed: No facts, but I was told that you do not rotate the rear tires at all. Can't remember where I read that. Don't remember where I read it, but read it somewhere. Best to ask a "good" tire guy.