Hi

not used commerical version only normal car version. highly rated in uk as a top budget tyre. on my fwd car fitted at rear have lasted 20000 miles maybe more.

That is a very common tire name for Les Schwab.

Are these tires suitable for use on Toyota Motorhomes or they just 14 inch tires for autos? Site did not give much info. Just a commercial? tire?

These are the right tires for Toyota motorhomes. Commercial D load range in the correct size. What more info were you looking for

Linda S

Ordered, $441.69 to the door and will pay Big-O $16.99 per tire for install.

Moses, please let us know how these tires perform for you! I'm sure that many would like to hear feedback on the ride, tread quality, etc. Thanks.

I've got commercial Asian 6-ply-rated 14" tires on three RVs and all have exceeded my expectations. Achilles (Indonesia), Federal (Taiwan), and Nankang (Taiwan). Many may be manufactured in China but the technology comes from other areas. All have excellent reputations overseas. Note that many top name brands in the USA are also now manufactured in China. The 14" tires we're discussing are pretty much just used on Toyota and Volkswagen RVs in the USA. In Europe and Asia though, there are many other rigs using commercial small 14" tires.

Hankook R8 is $91 delivered to the nearest Walmart; includes free mounting.

Just ordered one to replace one of my old Goodyears.

Moses, please let us know how these tires perform for you! I'm sure that many would like to hear feedback on the ride, tread quality, etc. Thanks.

I will try to keep you all updated. Planning on going fulltime next spring.

Dana

Walmart installs $12.50/tire incl. lifetime mounting and balancing for any tire. I went with the Hankook 2 months ago but I think this one is fine too.

Walmart installs $12.50/tire incl. lifetime mounting and balancing for any tire. I went with the Hankook 2 months ago but I think this one is fine too.

Do you have to bring the wheels in yourself, or can Walmart put one of these RVs up on a lift and do the job?

Do you have to bring the wheels in yourself, or can Walmart put one of these RVs up on a lift and do the job?

Individual Walmarts are different. Call first tell them what you have and if they can do the install. Also ask about balancing. Some Walmarts have a newer balancing machine that can't do our wheels. A friend of mine bought tires from Walmart for his rig just a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't balance the wheels because of this machine. He had to go elsewhere for his install.

Linda S

These tires look as good as Goodyear, Michelin, etc. Date code 3214! UPS delivered them Friday at 8:58pm! I was already in bed. Estimated delivery date was this coming Tuesday.
post-7553-0-46420900-1413759187_thumb.jppost-7553-0-48403400-1413759188_thumb.jp
Dana

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered (7) of the Nankang 85R14C 102/100R 8 Ply Commercial Tires $497 to the door.

Tire-easy website

Walmart installed all (7) including disposal fees for $24.96 ( they couldn't balance due to the size of opening on 1 Ton rims so only charged me to mount (4).

Jumped on freeway on way home and they seemed to handle great. Quality looks to be as good as any.

Going cross country for Thankgiving so will update performance after the trip.

post-8008-0-42217600-1414781148_thumb.jp

post-8008-0-16782400-1414781191_thumb.jp

Wow, you got a great deal on the installation! You have a friend there?

Yes, please keep us updated on your experience with the Nankangs, thanks.

No friend discount..... Haha

I feel bad too, the guy wasn't too bright doing the install. He accidentally snapped the brass valve stem on the rear rim, he had a second guy drill / tap and install a pressure sensor fitting and extension for now charge. They were working for over 2 hours and only charged me $24.99. Even had my new stainless wheel simulators put in during install.

BTW got the stainless wheel simulators of Amazon from RVWheel , they also have dot com website. They were $297 to the door.

Look like a million bucks. Going to clean the old paint off the lug nuts right now.

Does anyone know the correct replacement lug nuts for 1 Ton axles if these don't shine up?

post-8008-0-92632700-1414782607_thumb.jp

I run the hankook RA08....

got them walmart - I have found that most wmt stores will not take them on/off the vehicle, but they no one complains if you jack up & pull them yourselves - I carry 2 jackstands & a cheater bar that fits over my large ratchet that I use to break & tighten lugnuts.

I have had one walmart claim they could not handle the tires on their balance machine - pushing a bit deeper (mgr) turned out they had lost the adapter to tighten down the wheel - it was found.

I went with walmart because they are everywhere - and the hankook's have held up well.

PS: I would suggest that you get metal valve stems - Use rubber extensions for the 2 inside rear wheels - I use some clips that position those extensions so they do not rub - another way is to use a short piece of radiator hose to protect the extensions.

Just received a Hankook RA08 at Walmart ($91). Walmart mounted it no charge but could not balance it. Date code was mid 2014.

Another of my Goodyear's blew out on the way up to Chicago from Memphis. The local tire shop near Great Lakes Navy base, Waukegan Tire was able to locate a Hankook RA 08 and mount it the same day ($137 total for mounting, balancing, and tax).

Despite looking brand new, three of five Goodyears have now had the tread separate from the air chamber.

I still have four Continental Vanco's, which I will put on the rear axle.

The Hankook's will go up front.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a full set of Hankook RA08 from Sears for ~ $112 per tire. The Sears store I purchased the tires from mounted, balanced and installed all tires. This was on a 1976 Chinook. Have put approximately 15,000 miles on them in the last six months and they still look brand new. Have driven them in some pretty much off-road situations and found them to handle the mud and dirt very well. The stiffer sidewalls improved the handling noticeably. Am very happy with the tires and will probably put a set on our 1982 Sunrader.

Might consider purchasing them from Walmart as the price seems to be a bit better than Sears.

• 3 weeks later...

how did you find the tires on the site? a link would be much appreciated! i have trouble searching by size with these types of tires.

i called a couple places looking for tires for my sunrader this morning, and the nexen sv820 185r14 was the tire recommended by both places - they actually acted like that's all they could get. so it's nice to see someone else thinks favorably of them.

I'm on my third set of Nexen sv820 tires. First set were on a 84 Dolphin. Got 42,000 miles on them with rubber still on them. Second set were on the same motorhome with 16,000 miles on them when I sold it. Third set are on my 94 Warrior. Now have 15,000 miles on them. Never a flat and only adjust air pressure because of temperature changes. First set on the Dolphin went to Yellowknife, NWT, Ca and to Alaska. Lots and lots of rocky road. Still have one of the original tires as a spare on the Warrior.

Look at www.tires-easy.com you type in the tire size and can look at 10 different tyres that fit our rigs.

awesome - thanks, y'all!

we're quitting our jobs at the end of february and taking the sunrader cross country and back over the next year, so i want to make sure i get a good set on there.

• 4 weeks later...

finally getting these tires tomorrow - got the nexens. i tried to get the hankooks from walmart thinking that i could get them rotated during our trip for free, but could not find a walmart near me willing to mount them.

they gave me different reasons everywhere - too heavy for their lift, they won't do duallies, they can't service a vehicle with a propane tank, etc.