'84 Nissan/toyota Sunrader Comparison?

RHS

Last december I bought a nissan sunrader 18' 2.4 engine, 5 spd transmission, full floating rear end 72,000 miles.. Paid $1,000. I needed a new project. First nissan I have bought. I have done similar with a number of toyotas so was curious of comparison. Side window was missing (had one in bone yard) interior needed quite a bit of work, but not much expense. To get a fair comparison had to take it on a trip. So off we went to LA from N.Central Wa state. Replaced clutch slave cylinder in Oregon, front brakes in LA. Highway 101 through Oregon & N Cal. I 5 to LA. To make a long story short. I was really impressed seemed to have better power would run 65-70 all day long at 15+ mpg, at 55-60 got 17-18 mpg.Toyota had to really work to maintain 70. Trip was 93 miles short of 3,000 miles. After rechecking the last 2 days info. Averaged 15.9 mpg-15.9 w/similar toyota several years ago same trip. Toyota was 2.4 w/4 spd , 4.10 rear end. 5 spd seamed to have better gear spacing. I do not know rear end gear ratio of nissan or if my experience was unusual tried hard to be fair. Not sure how this compares to other peoples experience.

Guess you would have to know the weights of both before it would be a contest. I can tell you some thing you need to check on the Nissan 2.4 engine they had a nasty habit of grinding up the chain guides and plugging up the oil pump pickup with plastic.